Leather seat care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jackmac

I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner once or twice per year. Does the trick. I use the Lexol wipes for quick cleanup. The side bolsters on the drivers side entry will always wear out first.

People who use Zaino products do swear by them. Haven't had the chance to try them yet.

(Off Topic) snwbrdn, I snoozed and just missed your roof rails on Ebay last week. Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

new06

Reaction score
I also use Lexol and always have. What people tend to forget is that leather is used because it lasts longer than fabric. If you take care of it(clean and lotion) 3-4 times per year it will far outlast any other materials they could use.

S

snwbrdn

I don't know new06, if you look at those photos I posted on the previous page, I wouldn't call that great wear compared to fabric. Worries me long term, even though LR is replacing the seat base for me N/C. I can see the same type of wear starting on the passenger thigh support from the entry/exit as well.

Off Note: Jackmac, you snooze you loose. Someone got a good deal.

M

Michael

Blkmagnum said:
I have a new Dodge Magnum and have been using Zaino Brothers leather care and it works great. The car care kit includes leather cleaner & protector, which has an SPF15 protector. In fact I would reccommend all of their products. You can only get their stuff on the internet and it is a bit pricey but the professional system is the best car care products I have ever used. I especially reccommend using a clay bar on your new LR3's. You'll be amazed at how much crap it pulls out of your clear coat.

Actually, if you call the company, you can get it the name of independent retailers. I get mine from www.lazaino.com. Not necessarily less expensive, although they sometimes throw in some applicator pads for free, but they are local to me in Los Angeles.

So far all of their products have been outstanding. I love the tire dressing. Makes your tires look like new, without that greasy look.

Michael

new06

Reaction score
I am in the office and have a crappy monitor, so I couldn't tell where the rip was. Is it at the seam? I had a 2000 RR w/ 80k on it before the LR3 and the leather was flawless. I always tint my front windows as well to help with the sun damage. My LR3 only has 3500 on it, but the leather seems to be a good quality. I also clean and condition the leather once a month.

S

snwbrdn

The rip is right where the outer thigh support crushes when you enter and exit. (See photos with good monitor) If this is good quality leather, then it must be soft or something. Maybe more naugahyde would help. On second thought, maybe the cows in Britain have a softer hyde than the western cows. (Oh this could start a whole chain of replys)

M

Michael

Entry/exit wear on side bolsters is not limited to the LR3. Other manufacturers often replace the side bolster material with vinyl, leaving just the center section of the seat in leather, so the seat holds up better.

T

texas911

Just for the record. I use Lexol. Doen't give that fake looking shine. I also use VinylX made by the same guys.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that these seats will wear particularly well at all, no matter what you put on them. They seem to be much thinner leather judging by snwbrdn's tear, the tear in the back of one of my seats and the indentation that things make when placed on them. just my $.02

new06

Reaction score
snwbrdn, I saw your pic's at home clearly. The more I look at that part of my seat, the more I think it is not leather. Yours almost looks like something got caught on it and caused the rip. At least the dealer is replacing for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72