Light Swapage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

montanablur

I have seen a bunch of "xenon style" bulbs on Ebay lately for 5.99 and guaranteed... Worth looking into...

Lighting90

Reaction score
montanablur said:
I have seen a bunch of "xenon style" bulbs on Ebay lately for 5.99 and guaranteed... Worth looking into...

Check where the lamps (bulbs) are made, as I have heard of ones from some chinese factories exploding due to poor quality in the manufacture. Stick with well known brands.

Muddyone said:
Its looks good but I can’t seem to get past the selection of auto and year, do you know of any other ways to get a part # or does anyone know a part # maybe I should call them,
thanks...

I would give them a ring, as you can then find out who the local stockist is..

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
montanablur said:

My friend picked up a pair of bulbs from a *** company on e-bay for his truck, they lasted a week, lol, but thanks for the info! :biggrin:

Um….. why can’t I just buy a set of lights for a 2004 LR2 and just stickem in? Possible? :confused:

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand this is not possible because the ligth housing is an incompatible shape (it has an additional oval/curve along the bottom of the housing).

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this what you're talking about, Tar? This was on www.roverconnection.com They are the Phillips bulbs. Anyone tried these?

Part Number: RCHID Price $70 pair Phillips
Description: High Performance Headlamp Bulb

Philips Blue Vision H4 (55w)

Safety, Comfort and simply beautiful.

Distinctive daylight from blue lamp
The daylight temperature stimulates the drivers concentration making nightime driving safer.
A unique blue filter creates the distinctive blue filter
UV blocked-compatible with plastic headlight lenses components
Quartz glass construction for ultimate performance
EC37 approved for use in Europe
Completely interchangeable with existing lamps

Blue Vision replicates the HID High Intensity Gas Discharge System fitted as standard to more and more of today's prestige and performance cars.

The lamps recreate daylight driving conditions at night therefore contributing to safety and performance.

Suitable for all weather conditions with added visual comfort
Enhancing driving concentration during driving at night time
Characteristics: blue multi-layer, filled with halogen and xenon gas, thinner filaments .

standard (left), Philips Blue Vision (right)
*made in Germany

Lighting90

Reaction score
tmiller1 said:
From what I understand this is not possible because the ligth housing is an incompatible shape (it has an additional oval/curve along the bottom of the housing).

Correct, though if you are handy with a saw, and not worried about needing a new front wing (fender I think you call them) if you get it wrong, then you can make them fit. It has been done over here before. I seem to remember they also needed to change the front bumper as well, as it is slightly lowered at the lights. It is expensive though, would try new lamps (Bulbs) first, and see what improvement you get.

T

Tunerworks

If you are looking for an improved headlight bulb you should try PIAA bulbs, make sure you purchase them from an authorized dealer so that you will have the 1 year warranty that they normally come with. I highly suggest the Xtreme White model. Theses bulbs are TOP Quality and with the warranty that they normally come with you can exchange them over the counter within 1 year if they burn-out!

Or, You can think about spending about ~$350us and upgrade to an actual Xenon/HID Headlight conversion kit. These kits are straight bolt-in and very easy to install. Most upgrade kits come complete with everything you need for them to work.

email me if you have any questions: [email protected]

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Bobby ill check out the PIAA bulbs, need the H4 bulb right? Also do you have a web addy for the site that offers the conversions or any pics of this kit?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9