Load Space Protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rubber mat has no raised edges so past basic damp/wet gear you may have some issues with it spilling over the sides. We went with the flexible one since it will still easily roll up and allow for access to the 3rd row.

Actually the "flat" one does have raised edges, they are about 6mm deep so fot things like snowy ski boots, muddy stuff, wet clothes, it will hold a lot more water than one would expect at first glance.

I've removed the 3rd row seats (which are 80 lb reduction) and use the volume for numerous items such as an air-bag-jack, aluminum folding tables, stools, two camp chairs, high lift wide base, awning wall kit, a larger tarp and 4 tele tarp poles.

In the 3rd row foot area I have a well equipped recovery bag and the two head rests for the 2 2nd row seats that stay folded most of the time. Also below floor line is the high lift itself lodged cross-wise right behind 2nd row folded seat and a breaker bar.

The flat mat is sectioned to allow access to either of 4 zones for things mentioned above. I'm in the process of building a hard load floor with "hatches" and the mat will be adhered to that (probably 1/2" birch mounted using the various bolt points hidden below)

If you think about it, that's a lot of junk all below load floor line. It's like having most of what you need and completely clear cargo area for more frequent items like bikes, skis, gear bags, camp kitchen/food, etc. Plus it keeps the heavy weight low.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the SO wanted the rigid EBF500080. Paid full price as no on-line dealer would sell w/o oversize freight charges. It is very nicely made (in Sweden) and beautifully contoured to fit the various bulges of the compartment trim panels. We'll just leave take it out if we want to sleep back there. Now she can load in potting soil or whatever without spills.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635