Locking Ur" Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBART

Reaction score
WHATS UP GUYS AND GALS, I HAVE A 2000 DISCO II WITH 104 K MILES. LAST WEEK WHEN I LOCKED THE DOORS USING THE REMOTE ALL THE DOORS WOULD LOCK EXCEPT THE DRIVERS SIDE. WHEN I SECURE LOCKED ALL FOUR DOORS LOCKED, BUT WHEN UNLOCKING (after secure locking)ALL FOUR DOORS UNLOCKED EXCEPT THE DRIVER SIDE FORCING ME TO CRAWL IN THE PASSENGER SIDE TO UNLOCK DRIVER SIDE DOOR. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

floridarover

Reaction score
Actuator (like a servo) probably bad. I have a bad one on my right rear door.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, door lock actuator is bad.

Please remember to try not to type in all CAPS, it is like YELLING.

DJBART

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply i will look it fixing this problem. Is this something simple and inexpensive to replace. Im not very mechanicly inclined, thank you again for the info.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like actuator but it could also be the wretched tiny little spring in the lock-unit itself - I have had this happen and if it turns out to be that - you can get the springs from Disco Parts UK (a set for all doors) for about $15.00 as opposed to the actuator which is well over one hundred. The tell-tale sign that it is the spring and not the actuator is if the actual door knob - seems to not come up fully when you unlock or go down fully when you lock by auto-key method. I went and purchased two actuators when it turned out it was just the springs - fortunately for me Atlantic British did not balk at refunding my $300.00 odd dollars worth of German-made actuators! It took me about a week/week and a half to wait for the $15.00 dollar springs to get out here (Pacific Northwest) from the UK - so that's not too bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635