LR Defender P400 model year 2022 charging level of 12 V battery under co driver seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armin_1

Reaction score
My Land Rover Defender P400 Mild Hybride has beside the hybride 48 V battery a board Battey12 V 90A/h AGM under the co-driver seat. He has an EURO 6 6 cyl. Fuel engine with I assume an intelligent alternator like all EURO6 engins might have. This intelligent alternator shall produces very selectively current in order to save fuel. Also for recuperation reasons the EURO6 alternators are to be said to charge batteries only up to 80%. The open circuit voltage measured at the charging pins in the engine compartment as well as in the 12 V sockets is after a day of no engin operation between 12,3 – 11,8 V. And this after an engine operation time of 2, 3 and 4 hours. To my opinion is such a deep charging level with about 50 % capacity not so healthy for a long life of an AGM battery. I although learnt in the internet that an AGM battery can handel a deep voltage better then an conventional fluid battery. My question to the community: is such a deep charging level for LR Defender P400 model year 2022 normal and the reason why? Are there somewhere electrical wiring controller and switching schems available? Thks for your support. Armin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut