LR parts source / feedback on parts.com / new steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang - I ordered about 600 bucks worth of bits and goodies for my LR3 on parts.com awhile back, simply because their prices were way cheaper. Put it on my amex so if I had to dispute the charges I could easily. I had my doubts -- but honestly, the stuff got here in a week, order was spot on, and I saved 400 bucks from the dealer price. That's pretty significant. So my point is -- and I've got no affiliation or any interest -- look at them for parts. I had my doubts because they literally sell parts for every brand of car. So what they do is go out to individual dealers in the different marques... so the Land Rover parts are fulfilled thru Land Rover Ft Lauderdale... they were genius, called me to verify, made sure I wasnt a stupid ***** ordering the wrong part (which I _was_), etc. I think I posted a question on here awhile back asking if anyone understood their business model. The woman I spoke to (who called to chk on something) explained how it worked.

One of the best things I got was a new steering wheel. This for a 2005 LR3 HSE. I tried to have it replaced under warranty and got the "normal wear and tear" b.s (with only 40K miles on the truck at the time by the way) .... but I got a brand new spanky wheel for $130 bux and installed it. I was scared sh$%&less that the airbag would rip my arms off exploding but nothing so exciting. Seriously, this new wheel has me feeling I"m driving a brand new truck. So if you're kickign around with black crap on your fingernails from your wheel on hot days like I was, just buy the damn wheel. Costs 2 tanks of gas. Big big big worth it.

OK I know that was all a little sunshiney but I am excited about my new parts.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Will keep them in mind once my warranty is up...

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a new replacement steering wheel with a grained leather or new NAPPA ,so smooth wheel that comes only with a 2009 and up lr3 and RRS models?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got grained / not nappa

The nappa was 390 or something bucks -- so I went for the 130 dollar one and am just as happy.

There was a part number change due to a supplier change, so I am _hoping_ that the new wheel (which has a manufacture date of 2009 as opposed to my old one which was 2004!) wont disintegrate in 5 years either. Either way if I'm still driving this thing in 5 years and not a brand new range rover, I wont be happy anyways haha.

LRB

Reaction score
Please let me know how you change the steering wheel. I want to order the wheel from parts.com now and do it. Do you just order the wheel and swap out the voice control and radio/ cruise airbag stuff....?? If you could give me or guide me to basic instructions I would love you. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4