LR Service - first experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is my first experience. Dropped the car off the morning to have them install door molding, running boards, roof rails, cross bars, luggage rack.
Labor only for these parts is $700!!

I also have them look into a rattle from the dome light area and poor gas mileage.

Anyway, they put me into this rental car. They don't have any loaners - only rentals! The choices were 3 year only X-type or a beat up LR2! I chose the LR2. The rental lady walked around for 5 minutes pointed each and every ding and scratch to me. When I drove off I saw a 2 foot wide crack on the front windshield - almost unsafe! I called them back to make sure it was there before I got it. They confirm it was. Anyway, I am lost for words why would they put brand new customers into a beat up car with a 2 foot windshield crack that would considered unprofessional in any dealership, let alone a safety hazard.

We'll see what happens with install and other things but it is not a stellar start.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. This sounds like my dealership. Did they have to shuttle you to the rental office?

Marty

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. This sounds like my dealership. Did they have to shuttle you to the rental office?

Marty

No, it is right on their site. Quite amazed that the 3 cars they had on the lot were 3 years old with significant mileage on them. I thought they try to keep the loaner fleet **** and spam! But i guess these are not loaner - they are rental and one should expect rentals to be beat up, dirty and a little unsafe :frown:

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
What time in the morning did you get there? The dealership in my area has loaners (renters) to offer, but if you want one of the good ones you have to get there before 9 AM.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. It was just around 8am. I had to wait in the van for another customer to drop their LR off with service so they could shuttle us both offsite to the rental office. They put us both in beat up LR2s. The rental rep went over the vehicle with me for 10 minutes and then tried to sell me the gas package.

It wasnt that big of a deal but I guess I just expected a little more.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. It was just around 8am. I had to wait in the van for another customer to drop their LR off with service so they could shuttle us both offsite to the rental office. They put us both in beat up LR2s. The rental rep went over the vehicle with me for 10 minutes and then tried to sell me the gas package.

It wasnt that big of a deal but I guess I just expected a little more.

I haven't had to take my machine to the dealer for anything other than Service and programing. In both instances they were very curtious to me and gave me a decent LR3 loaner.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM