Lr2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I drop off the LR3 for the new steering wheel, speaker repair, and warranty inspection, and they give me this loaner LR2.

It has one of those goofy keys that you stick in a slot, and then push this other button to turn the car on and off. It kind of reminds me of the days when companies started making audio receivers with buttons to raise and lower the volume instead of a knob because they thought the knob wasn't technically advanced enough when in reallity you would much rather have a knob to adjust volume no matter what technological advances are made.

I have the same opinion of this key nonsense. In my life it is no inconvenience whatsoever to stick the key in the ignition and turn it to start the car. The service person walked me out to the car to "show" me how to do this. What a pain in the ass.

However, I must say that this vehicle has one SWEET nav system. Unlike the LR3, this thing is fast, and there is no waiting for the next screen to appear like when you are typing the letters of the city or street, etc.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tall and I have knees. While the key implementation is poorly executed, the concept makes sense. I have always been concerned about the damage to my knees what will happen if I get into a frontal accident.

SAAB has it right, by putting the key down between the driver and passenger. I wish they all did this. Jeep has done it the worst in their new Commanche. Darn key blade sticks straight out of the dash!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Jaguar XK system. Walk up to it with keys in pocket, doors unlock, sit, push button, (still w/ keys in pocket), car starts, drive, whatever. Push button again to stop, walk away, car locks up.
Hows that for simple to operate?
I was hoping that the LR2 would follow this, but, I guess it was not menat to be.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Jaguar XK system. Walk up to it with keys in pocket, doors unlock, sit, push button, (still w/ keys in pocket), car starts, drive, whatever. Push button again to stop, walk away, car locks up.
Hows that for simple to operate?
I was hoping that the LR2 would follow this, but, I guess it was not meant to be.
BMW has the same feature as described on the Jag. "Comfort Access" option. Between this feature, and having the homelink buttons to open the garage, I never need to carry keys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis