LR3 6CD, Radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elfrey

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2005 LR3, it has the premium sound system with 6 CD player in the dash. The CD palyer will not load, so I wanted to replace it with another Land Rover radio (offered on another forum), the local dealer said it cannot be done because the code is burnt into the radio at the factory for the VIN#, they cannot provide the code. Has anyone swapped out their radio? Or can anyone tell me if they had a similar problem and how you fixed it? I love this rig and would like to have everthing working, The dealer will sell me a radio for $702.00 (rebuilt), it's funny they can sell me one, but I can't make the one I can purchase for a lot less work?

2005 LR3, 77K miles (out of warranty).

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^Agreed. I'm betting they can hook up their computer and make the used stereo work.

Good luck - let us know what you find out.

-Rich

drafdog

Reaction score
I had the same problem, just got my replaced under warranty by the dealer today.

On a side note, I did ask them if they could replace the unit with the newer unit that has an aux slot and I was told no because the unit is ordered by the vin.

There has to be some way to get the code...:confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd