LR3 and Iphone 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone see any problems I may encounter pairing and address book when the new iphone releases? I know my wife's current iphone works and I have 0 issues with my blackberry bold.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep there should be no issue ! But the new iOS4 will be released on June 16th which is the same OS that the new iPhone4 will get . SO backup, install the new iOS4 and see how it goes!

Let me ask you this I have a Bold and my wife has the iPhone. Same boat as you. Are you saying your able to sync your address book? I thought we could only do that with the LR4's NAV since it is HDD based.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have issues with my IPhone 3GS and my LR3. Address book is no issue, works fine. pairs fine. Connects fine. The problem is that the current version 3.1.3 (7E18), that's the latest, on the phone has not been tested by LR, therefore any connectivity issues are not going to be handled by LR. I have spent countless hours with my local dealer on this issue. They replaced the phone module and mic twice and the voice quality is pathetic. LR is years behind bluetooth tech. compared to other manufacturers like Hunday for Christ sake. I am affraid that LR has better things to do than to take care of phone issues, and who knows how long it will take to test the new IPhone 4. Granted I can climb a 89 degree hill and drive thru 90" of water but I can't call my local LR dealer for my monthly warranty appointment from my Bluetooth! Ahhhh thanks guys feel much better.
BTW, I will never trade my LR for any other phone issues free vehicle, but geez, its 1990's technology! My kids Nintendo has bluetooth!

chauez

Reaction score
2006 LR3 HSE and Iphone

I have a 2006 LR3 and bought the LR phone kit. It can with 3v iphone cable but the Iphone requires a 5V cable. I heard that you can buy that, any ideas? Also my Iphone 3Gs tries to pair but it doesn't do it automatically like my Iphone 3G. It ask for the pair PIN twice before it manually connects. thoughts?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would delete the pair from the phone. Then add it again and enter the pin. If that doesn't help, consider a hard reboot. To do that hold the power button and home button on the phone. If it continues to do that, I would suggest a restore through iTunes. From my experience Apple's products do get glitchy like that.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, try turning Bluetooth on and then off. Sometimes that will work without doing a hard reboot or reset.

Other than that, it might not work because we have LR3's, with 3G iPhones. LR4's would work with the 4G, because it's in the name.

Wauwatosa1991

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 2006 LR3 with bluetooth for phone & I was using my iPhone 3GS flawlessly with it (always connected, etc) but I upgraded to an iphone4 and now I have to always pair the phone with the LR3 everytime i get in using 0000. I tried 2121 & it wouldn't accept it. Any idea how I can get it to automatically pair when I'm in the car?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had an Iphone 4 since day 1 and have never had an issue...it actually pairs too often when im in the house and unlock my car.

Wauwatosa1991

Reaction score
What code are you using to pair? I wonder if since the car was already paired with another iPhone it doesn't like my new one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635