LR3 check engine ligth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricau67

Reaction score
Hello, I have a LR3 2006 w/4.0l and 225 000 km on the counter! Still running very good since I have it ( 2010 whit 80 000 km) But today the check engine ligtn come on, and consumption display start to blink each time when (I gess) trying to read the gaz flow? Then reappear,,

I noticed this morning that the start was a little longer before starting the engine,, Then in evening, the engine light come on and when a start he muffled,, then i start again whit a bit gaz to help starting,, after it run ok !?

Is there someone which recognizes this problem? :hmmmm2:

Gael

Reaction score
Maybe you should get a OBDII dongle. It is pretty cheap, and on your phone/tablet you can read the error codes.

It will tell you why the engine light is on.

ricau67

Reaction score
Also, how old are your spark plugs ?

I change it at 100 000 km. This evening I just put some injection cleaner in the tank and hope this will help some how! Becose it seam as a fuel problem!?

z1234567890

Reaction score
I change it at 100 000 km. This evening I just put some injection cleaner in the tank and hope this will help some how! Becose it seam as a fuel problem!?

Never assume, better to buy ODB II reader and read what is going on, it's cheap :)

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some auto parts places (Autozone) have OBDII readers that can tell you what the code is.

ricau67

Reaction score
Never assume, better to buy ODB II reader and read what is going on, it's cheap :)

I just bot the OBDII INOVA 3130 from Canadian Tire (Quebec) 319$ +tx :/ I plug it and pop the code easely ,, code is P0108 and also P0069! It's the EGR the problem! :(

I look a bit for it and :hmpf: it is expensive! 569$$ :puke: The truck run anyway so I'm gonna take the time to find it on the web and do the change myself

Gael

Reaction score
You got a fancy one... Mine was like $30, but you need to connect a smartphone to use it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM