LR3 Expedition roof rack information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggrupea

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a Land Rover Expedition Roof rack from a friend. I installed it but I have some questions about, and think you may help me.
1. It have a sticker with information. It says you just can load it with 54 kilos or 119 lbs (LR page with info https://accessories.landrover.com/u...500021pma-expedition-roof-rack/#tertiary-tabs). Have you ever tested it with more weigth. I've seen some pictures of some trips of Land rover with those roof racks and they seems to be loaded with 3 times more weigth.

2. Wich use is the most proper with the Land Rover restrictions? I was thinking about put a spare tire and some recovery kits and tools, but with that weigth restrictions, I don't know if I will use it to carry things or just to have a pretty face.

3. Do you use it? In what conditions?

Please all the information is good to know.

I attach a photo

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-25 at 13.22.43.jpeg

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine with extra gas, a back light, I also placed a sheet of aluminum on my floor about 2/3 so I wouldn’t block my sunroof and to also help spread the weight load. I also carry my kayak on it, but I did buy a extra crossbar to bridge the space in the middle for extra support. See pic.

206C5293-CA7D-4E77-A427-01C7C9D7DCF8.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72