LR3 Front Crank Seal Leaking - QQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Question - tried searching but really found nothing...I have the manual for the LR3 and I have a suspected leaking front crank seal. The removal and replacement of the seal seams straight forward enough but I know the crank pully bolt will be just a bear as it's factory tight to 280 ft-lbs and it's been heat cycled for the last 140k

My question is (and the manual says nothing about this) what direction do I rotate the bolt to loosen it (CCW or CW - looking from the front of the engine). I want to use the starter motor to loosen the bolt and do the work for me but I'd hate to hook up the breaker bar the wrong direction and shear that bolt off or worse...has anyone removed the crank pully and could they give me any insight?

Thanks in advance.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't verified yet but have it from a well known tech that it's a standard thread - left to loosey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM