LR3 low coolant level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzzz

Reaction score
Hi,
I have this very confusing issue. My LR3 2006 HSE is giving an error "Low Coolant Level" but the coolant level is OK; engine is not heating or anything. A few days into this error and the car now struggles to start and goes "cold" whenever I stop while driving (like on a signal) then the car just switches off. It goes back on but after 2 or 3 cranks. note that I live in Dubai and its 40 C this time of the year

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the same warning coming on, despite the level being ok. Been that way for 2 years almost. Hasn't affected the drive ability yet though.

The dying issue to me sounds like it is overheating somewhere (where the gauge can't tell) and shutting the engine down, there might be air in the system. Take the coolant tank cap off and run it for a bit, give it some revs and you should see/hear it "burp" and bubble.

PhyrraM

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading over on the UK forums that Land Rover had a batch of coolant level sensors that would prematurely fail and give a false reading. To the point that many had the indicator disabled in the CCF (Car Configuration File) from the factory.

A new sensor, or tank, should take care of the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM