LR3 LR4 Range Rover Sport - TOOLS thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!
That's quite a thread! It'll take me some time to go through it all!
Thanks!

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest,

This thread is fascinating and elaborate!
Now, for the 50 cent questions..

What tools do you keep in your Rover for your daily driving?
In addition, what tools do you keep or load into your Rover for off-roading or long trips?

Thanks in advance!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest,

This thread is fascinating and elaborate!
Now, for the 50 cent questions..

What tools do you keep in your Rover for your daily driving?
In addition, what tools do you keep or load into your Rover for off-roading or long trips?

Thanks in advance!

I may remember to photograph and list what's in it now for a 7000 mile drive that I'm in the middle of and so far did R/R the left front strut to temporarily fix an air leak from it's top cap near the damper rod ***********.

From memory:
Basically full set of box wrenches zero offset plus a 2nd set of the key sizes from 8 to 24 in medium offset
Ratcheting combi wrenches in the key sizes like 10 13 15 17 up thru 24
1/2 12 pt impact sockets 10-24,
3/8 6 pr chrome 8-24, specific deep 6 pt like 24, 22, 18, ?
key 1/4 drive sockets like 8 10 11 12 13 15
flex head ratchets with the 1/2 being locking, 1/2 torque wrench, xl and stubby 1/4 drive, xl & std 1/2"
various pliers, screwdrivers, bits,
hex key set including a 7mm
torx keys and torx bits w low profile and screwdriver style holders
11 and 12mm air line wrenches

Mix of swivels and size adapters for the sockets which allows in a pinch, 3/8 or 1/2 socket to go to other driver if i left out a size/fitting.

small and std vise grips, tiny and large needle nose pliers, "cobra" pliers by Nipex (most awesome pliers ever), quick adjust nipex wrenches small and medium.
snap blade knife, small snips for zip ties, plenty of zip tires erring to larger than needed, wire cutter, 3m 88 electrical tape, basic duct tape but strong, not crap quality. You might need it to hold something important LOL

*"grip" tape from a photography shop. It's cloth structure and less residue, holds up to heat as well as cold very well, used in film/photo industry - I highly recommend this one! Different colors are available too.

Various lamps, extra replacement fuel pump for my 2nd fuel tank, a few fuses of dif sizes 10-15-20-40.

Steel hammer/wood splitter. You can chop fire wood or bash stuff ;) Might be Estwing brand.

Wheel chocks that can at least also function as traction devices in sand, snow, etc. but also as blocking to level the vehicle or fill a hole. Mine also work as a wide base for using the High lift on soft ground.
High-lift and mix of attachments like the wheel hook as most useful.

Will try to post photo and then update the above listings....

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, jwest!

Just following up after a month!! I've been kinda busy!
Did you ever get a chance to put together some photos for your collection of must-have daily driver tools???

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72