LR3 Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

w6000

HI,
Okay maybe my first post was not that clear. I would like to know any feed back people have on the navigation system. Aside from the GPS and Maping, how does the screen display car features? Is it really important or could another navigation system added later do the job.

w6000

F

fbaer

There are multiple screens for the nav system, both on road and off road modes. The off road mode has a compass, and altimiter, and the ability to drop 'breadcrumbs' if you have ventured off road, so that you can find your way back.

The system also shows the status of the terrain response settings, showing the state of the suspension, diff's, transmission, and the direction of the front wheels. It also has integrated voice command operation.

You MAY save a few hundred dollars, but nothing will touch the factory system.

L

luvmylr3

nav integrated into suspension sensors

The factory nav is integrated into the terrain response systems and, suspension and steering sensors, I dont think any aftermarket product will attempt this.

-jim

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered also not getting the Nav system, but after a three minute demo, I found it to be a must have.

The off road information screen is way cool.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop the NAV from disabling most functions while the truck is moving?

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the disabling of functions, to be honest, I have found it to not be that limiting. You can still do quite a bit like put in a saved destination.

L

loizeauc

Is anyone knows if it is possible to upgrade the nav system to off road ?

R

ronprx

Integrated NAV is a must. Feature disablement while driving is a bummer. Voice response is so-so.

D

DesertDJ

It's actually a great Nav system. Aside from all the suspension information that it provides the off-road nav is full chock full of real off-road information. When I first took it off road in the vast Tonto National Forrest east of Phoenix I was amazed to see that it included even the smalled of National Forest roads and fire trails, even more than is on a paper map I got at the local Ranger station. The ability to use voice commands is also pretty neat. I think it's worth $2,600 for its on and off road capabilities not to mention the suspension stuff. My ONLY complaint is that my wifes 2005 Range Rover which comes standard with the same Nav (which also has the radio/CD and telephone integrated into it) has some additional off road features like a built in stop watch function and then left this out of the LR3 system. I mean it makes no sense, a stop watch is an essential part of off-roading! I know it must be buried in the software on the Nav. Has anyone figured out how to get to the menu system on the Nav and enable it?

R

Rhcaspian

Last month I bought a brand new LR3 (4.4 HSE V8) in Dubai, which I then shipped to Azerbaijan on the west coast of the Caspian sea where I live and work. The car comes complete with Sat Nav which is of course redundant where I live because the country in fact region is not yet mapped. The car came loaded with middle east mapping software so I can call up the Burj Alrab or King Khalid St in Alkhobar Saudi Arabia but thats about it. Looking for something to display I was reading through the comprehensive literature that came with the vehicle and found the screen can be used to display chassis information; position of the wheels relative to the ground and chassis, driveline information and position of the car relative to the points of the compass. Try as I could I could not get this to display on my screen. I called Landrover UK and they told me this is a country specific option and with my car being a Dubai car would not have it installed. I find this strange, surely I thought this is basic off road information that any driver anywhere in the world would welcome specifically in Dubai where most people spend time off road at some point or other. As it is my screen is only capable of displaying redundant Sat Nav information in the form of a plain blue background with a lonely arrow or cursor in the middle of it. Which leads me to my question, does anyone know if the LR3 is offered or comes with different levels of Sat Nav? Do LR offer and fit a "standard Sat Nav" for on road guidance and a "super dooper Sat Nav" that provides the chassis and compass information or am I looking at a software issue? One other question, what else apart from a lonely cursor should I be able to show on my screen? Could I load the software that allows me to access driveline / compass information? Can if nothing else load it with a movie? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635