LR3 - Rear Windows Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MATT MEADER

Reaction score
I rolled down my rear windows and then they wouldn't go back up.
I checked the fuses behind the glovebox and they looked fine. I replaced them to be safe; still nothing.

I turned the car off and on a couple times, still nothing.
I was out of town and there was a chance of rain. I went to the local ACE Hardware and with cardboard and tape; I taped up the windows.

Then in the morning, the windows were working as normal.
Although this made me happy, I'm nervous that this could happen again.

Any ideas what would cause this and how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

777AIA

Reaction score
Search for ‘reset windows’ on this forum, And you will probably find plenty of discussion. This is a common problem with the LR three, and other land rovers. You should be able to get the window working by holding the up down button for about two minutes. (For whatever reason, mine seems to take longer! My left rear window goes out all the time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tinkbz

Reaction score
I rolled down my rear windows and then they wouldn't go back up.
I checked the fuses behind the glovebox and they looked fine. I replaced them to be safe; still nothing.

I turned the car off and on a couple times, still nothing.
I was out of town and there was a chance of rain. I went to the local ACE Hardware and with cardboard and tape; I taped up the windows.

Then in the morning, the windows were working as normal.
Although this made me happy, I'm nervous that this could happen again.

Any ideas what would cause this and how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

You ever find a answer to your problem? I’m currently having the same issues and was researching for help.

777AIA

Reaction score
Again... try ‘reset’... hold up/down button for OVER 3 min abd see if resets. Turn ignition off then on again and try again… Repeat until it works. It pretty much always ends up working.

Michael Ames

Reaction score
First off, I'm new to the Forum and only 5 months into my LR3 relationship now that I finally got it running. At 232,000 miles, I'm happy to say that I have been able to negotiate every bit of gnarly, nasty, stee, bouldery and wet trail the Jeep snobs in our little club have thrown at "G'pa Land Rover."
Saw the window quip and will also ask, first place to look for an in-op passenger rear window?

Michael Ames

Reaction score
First off, I'm new to the Forum and only 5 months into my LR3 relationship now that I finally got it running. At 232,000 miles, I'm happy to say that I have been able to negotiate every bit of gnarly, nasty, stee, bouldery and wet trail the Jeep snobs in our little club have thrown at "G'pa Land Rover."
Saw the window quip and will also ask, first place to look for an in-op passenger rear window?

Mell

Reaction score
This happened to ours and I was told it was the switch and another said the window motor. I tried holding down for 3 minutes and it didn’t work. I was going to try a switch replacement but tried holding the button down once again, but for over 5 minutes while driving and guess what? IT WORKED! Although, I have to do it every time I drive it now. But it seems to be less and less time that I have to hold it now. I don’t know if it needs a switch or a motor or what now. I’m leaning toward switch, but
I’m in no rush right now since I have found a workaround.

777AIA

Reaction score
You may have a short in your wiring if you have to keep doing it over and over.
I found a partially stripped wire touching metal in one of my window control wires, taped it up.. and solved.
Pain to track down though. I was lucky because I had removed panel for another task...

Mell

Reaction score
My fix only worked a short while, I had to replace the switch box.it was $32 online and 20 min to swap it out and works like new!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut