LR3 suspension problems, how bad is it? replace it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fly boy

Reaction score
Hi, I have an 2008 LR3 HSE with 49,000 miles aporx. , and is starting to have suspension issues.

1. every time I turn off the engine it will loose some height, so when I turn on the engine always will spent some 30 seconds aprox. to level.
2. on the left front air bag there is a leaking sound (might be the airbag or a line).
3. air compresor runs loudly and long time.
4. after some time engine running "suspension fault" indication will appear always! and rarely "suspension fault normal height only" indication.

so how bad is it? is there anything I can do to save the air ride ? should I opt for replace the whole suspension to coil spring? and if so: which suspension coil spring replacement is the best option?

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can save the air ride...sounds like you have a leak somewhere so finding it is the first step. There are many posts on how to do that, but it has to do with spraying a soap/water mixture in some key areas and watching for bubbles. I'd address it sooner rather than later, though, otherwise the extra workload you put on the EAS Compressor may cause it to fail, which is gonna be more expensive.

dlm3

Reaction score
I concur with Houm_WA. Don't hesitate. Find out what's leaking and save your compressor. At that age, it may be the air bag - they don't last forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BronkoZ

Reaction score
Yeah, don't hesitate. Check it thoroughly. It's one of the reason I don't want to bother with older cars and rather switch for some deal on DSRLeasing and be free of worries at least for a while.

fly boy

Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I thought it was worse, so I checked front driver´s side where definitely is the leaking side, with engine running selected the off road height to be able to have more room and have better picture of whats going on there. I was able to hear the air leak louder since it was more pressure, sprayed all around with water and soap but no bubbles where building up.

is there any air suspension diagram specifically on that side of the truck?, or any idea how can I seek that leak?

fly boy

Reaction score
Ok, With the jack trying to lift the front driver side was able to hear the leak louder when raising, then no leak sound, I turned the engine on a few times to make compressor charge air bag but no leak sound so I gave up. Then next morning going to work I turned on engine and right away suspensión fault warning showed up, and front suspension wasn't raising and no compressor noise... does the compressor just quit??

IMG_1318.JPG

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in Standard Height right now I'd suggest you pull the EAS fuses so that your vehicle can be driveable. Then get an IIDTool and diagnose the problem.

fly boy

Reaction score
It is in standard height, back side is normal but the front side is totally down, I turned the engine on and off a couple times to reset the sistem even tried lifting and lowering it but nothing happened

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try a hard reset, then report back here. If the compressor is completely unresponsive you may be in need of a new one. Sometimes you have to get it "close" to where it's expected before it will kick in but it looks like (based on your 4x4 Info screen) that isn't a problem. I'm thinking that your compressor has gone ****. Bad deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72