LR3 Warning indicator EMS fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

scofoid

Does anyone know what causes this indictor to go on.
Besides what the owners manuel says "serious fault".

It's gone on and off twice now. I don't want to take it to the local dealer, they don't know what there doing ( Barrett McAllen Texas).
That's why I purchased it in San Antonio ( 4 hours away).

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why dealers have computers to diagnose cars. You think they actually do this by hand? Clueless is the norm. :)

The EMS fault just means the engine management system (EMS) logged a serious fault. "Avoid high speeds and consult your Land Rover Dealer as soon as possible."

F

Freeflytim

If you can ‘reboot’ (key off for a few minutes) and go on, no big deal.
But you will want it to get looked at.

These errors are showing up less and less now as the bugs are just about worked out and Im betting either dealer will diagnose the most likely cause… Moisture in a connector on a wiring loom or a damaged wire. They will fix it and its solved.

Id say go over to the local dealer and sit down with the service writer and describe exactly what happened. Ask them if they have seen the problem. If they have not tell them to call LR tech support and have the solution before you give it to them. I had a gremlin and that’s what I did. I made them have a solution before I gave them the keys. Instead of trying to figure it out on there own, they called HQ and had a solution.

But, since you didn’t buy it from them, your likely not to get a loaner.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went in for this today. Part is back ordered until 6/20. Yea!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have a moment... My mother was having a pacemaker put in (she is fine) when they took her down I thought I'd go get a few things done. All I ended up getting done in the next 3 hours was finding a LR dealer to leave my HSE with (out of state). So they put me in a Ford Windstar and tell me to come back the next day for a LR3 loaner (You knw since the part won't arrive until 6/20). F***. So my son (5), my daughter (10 mnts) and I make the 1 hour drive to the dealer (at least we can visit my mom while were there) I call ahead he has a truck. When we get there he goes to get the truck and I start pulling out car seats ... then he drives right by us and into a bay. WHY YOU ASK? Because the truck throws a check engine light when he starts it... 45 min later it's "Sorry can't clear the light... come back Wed."

So:

The truck gets much poorer than advertised gas mileage.
The Aux input sounds like a electric storm.
The Nav doesn't work when the truck is moving.
I had the down hill stahl.
The body moldings are coming off.
The mirrors return back when they feel like it (from Reverse).
Now the compressor goes.

Been a great 8 months with Motor Trends SUV of the year...

Oh oh and It only cost me $57,000 to drive a Moth**f*****g Ford Windstar!

I'm getting upset so I'll stop.

Scott

F

Freeflytim

Oh boy :frown:
I wonder what the part is? When my guys fixed my parking brake gremlin they had parts over-nighted in... and I hated drving a Freelander without MP3 support:biggrin:
What kind of Lemon Law do you have in your state? When buying the truck I think you agree to arbitration (I tossed the info) but you might want to look into it. People have had their early model gremlin filled trucks replaced.
-TIM

P

peymaster

New car....new bug

I had the same problem with my new HSE. The car is less than 3 months old. My engine light (EMS) came on last nite. I called the dealer and they told me the earliest they can get me in is in 10 days from now....:-(
They are also telling me that they have never heard of this problem. I think I need to point them out to this forum.
Other than this problem, the car runs great. No other issues at this time. I havel already driven it long distance, too.

I will let you all know about the problem. Wish me (or should say, us), luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4