LR3 will not come out of low gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dawnsper

Reaction score
I'm looking for help, I hit the low gear lever on acident not is will not come out if low gear. I followed all directions in the manula but it stays on low and the RPM are real high. i hit the lever towards high and it does nothing, please help

Dawn S

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you put it in neutral while stopped or slow roll and pushed the lever to hi range? I don't think it will help with this car, but you could also try backing up a little and put it in neutral and try again.

dawnsper

Reaction score
I tried both of those, it just does nothing and its stuck in low so the RPM are really high. thanks for the sugestions, any other would be helpful.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once in a while I'll hit the lever and it may chime but remain in Lo. I quickly push the lever up again and usually it goes right into high. Try that.

NeilP

Reaction score
Solenoid .........

Visit your Dealer ; either electrical or mechanical fault with the selector.
It's happened to others in the UK over the years . Not using this function
much , doesn't help with it's reliability. I've a quarter mile driveway uphill ,
and one a month or so I'll select low-range just to keep it moving in
the Transfer Case. You should also use the ride height function regularly too !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112