LR4 19s, Load Ratings and the Cooper Zeon vs Wrangler Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,
Sorry the delay, I took the LR4 on a ski trip.
I agree, the wk2 was a fantastic value...but maybe a bit too fantastic...I had a few parts that needed to be replaced almost immediately, and then the air suspension went out...after 1-2 months with no relief, Chrysler stepped up and took the vehicle back and I bought an LR4. Very happy with the LR4! Although I still am dumfounded on what to do with tires...i am all over the place (18 route, GY or Coops....as I only have 15k on the OEM's Conti's, I still have time, but one day I need to pull the trigger and make a call...)

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled the trigger on a set of the goodyears, have about 32k on the pirelli scorpion atr they still have tread left but not on the outer edge so off road traction is deteriorating

got them for 211 each from tire rack

it seems the coopers might be discontinued in the 19" size and pirelli has already discontinued the scorpion atr so the coopers are a concern for finding a replacement in the case of a bad cut or something since the goodyear is a new offering at least should be available for a while

i live in rocky area Arkansas so the kevlar addition of the goodyears give a nice piece of mind thanks for the reviews and photos will post some of mine after install

btw did test drive a 2014 grand cherokee with the ecodiesel it was nice, surprisingly noisy at idle inside the car, torque was nice but just couldn't cost justify it over my 2011 lr4 and the drop down in cargo capacity and 360 visibility

i plan to just drive my 2011 until the LR5 comes out with a significant weight reduction which should make the scv6 with 8spd tranny tolerable

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo

photo

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 119
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 114

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics, can you get a couple from a distance?

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics

pics

Attachments

• tires (1).jpg
    tires (1).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 156
  • tires (3).jpg
    tires (3).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 156
  • tires (4).jpg
    tires (4).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 146
  • tires (5).jpg
    tires (5).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are nice! They seem like a great option if you stick with the 19" wheels.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are nice! They seem like a great option if you stick with the 19" wheels.

so far i am liking them, obviously not much time on them but ride quality is imperceptible from the scorpion atr, they do seem to shed wadder puddles better than the scorpions, road noise is the same, i am sure off road will be an improvement but will be a while before i can test that but will be really glad to have the kevlar protection

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for putting up more photos!

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had our first snow of the year only 3 inches but enough to freeze all the roadways and i gotta say these tires did awesome, probably pulled 15 different cars up slick hills including a 4x4 4runner and gave a number of folks a ride home who had to abandoned their cars on hills, these tires performance in snow and the weight of the LR4 it was unstoppable

a huge improvement over stock tires and even over the scorpion atr

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72