Lr4 frame sliders / sill plate / steel bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day TON28.
Before you lock-in a buy on those Terrafirma 'sliders check out APT Offroad. I've had mine for a couple of years now; along with APT's air compressor guard, Trans/Transfer Case guard & air tank guard - all beautifully designed & made.
Their 'sliders fit without any need for cutting or modifications.
Check out the APT website & Ben's great YouTube fitting videos.
They sell lots of gear direct to U.S.A. customers. Exchange rate is o.k. now & freight is very reasonable.
APT Offroad is a top Aussie company - totally reliable - been around for years. I have no connection other than being a very satisfied customer.
Cheers, enjoy your great choice of vehicle!!

Trevorn

Reaction score
Bear in mind you want to use rock sliders that give a good amount of under body protection on an LR4, specifically because your compressor is vulnerable under the truck if not protected. It all comes down to how you are going to use the vehicle - what type of off road activity, will there be rocks etc. 2.5 inches of lift is not a great deal and hence even with rods fitted you are always going to have clearance issues over rocky terrain in an LR4 vs vehicles that can be lifted more (D1, D2, jeeps etc).
I run KO2's on 18inch rims (265/65/R18) - this is an excellent off road tire with very good side wall strength.....but you will be changing the characteristics of your LR4 on road if you use them....they are noisier on road and the ride will not be as good....again all depends on what you want the LR4 to do for you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM