lr4 more problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
IMG_20210112_053258.jpg
IMG_20210112_053255.jpg
Hey guys I've had more trouble with my lr4 2011 and would really appreciate your help.Today I was heading to work when my lr4 stopped it's self and turned on the performance restricted light among the check engine.The codes I've got are P2118 P2105 both are about the throttle actuator control I've dealt with this very problem at the start of the year 2020 the mechanic told me to replace the throttle body and it would fix it.I also got a feeze frame .Thanks for the help anything is very appreciated.

Last edited:

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 12273 View attachment 12274 Hey guys I've had more trouble with my lr4 2011 and would really appreciate your help.Today I was heading to work when my lr4 stopped it's self and turned on the performance restricted light among the check engine.The codes I've got are P2118 P2105 both are about the throttle actuator control I've dealt with this very problem at the start of the year 2020 the mechanic told me to replace the throttle body and it would fix it.I also got a feeze frame .Thanks for the help anything is very appreciated.

give the throttle body a good cleaning.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P2105 is activated when the ECM tells the throttle body to reduce performance. Not when the throttle body is causing reduced performance. Something other than the throttle body triggered that condition.

The P2118 unfortunately refers to wiring for the throttle body or the ECM (since you already replaced the throttle body, you can rule it out for now). Check for a bad ground at the ECM. I would then trace the throttle body wiring. It can be short to ground, short to power, or high resistance causing the code.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an earlier thread on what appears to be a similar problem. https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/p2119-p2118-codes.29764/

One reported the problem appeared after an alternator went bad (and was replaced). They reported a fix by resetting adaptation values using the GAP tool. Not sure if it will work in your case, but might be worth a try.

Reaction score
P2105 is activated when the ECM tells the throttle body to reduce performance. Not when the throttle body is causing reduced performance. Something other than the throttle body triggered that condition.

The P2118 unfortunately refers to wiring for the throttle body or the ECM (since you already replaced the throttle body, you can rule it out for now). Check for a bad ground at the ECM. I would then trace the throttle body wiring. It can be short to ground, short to power, or high resistance causing the code.
I found this could this be part of the problem?
IMG_20210113_062147.jpg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be part of the problem. It's the crankcase ventilation from driver side valve cover. It looks like it wasn't reconnected when the air intake was reinstalled.

That fitting will definitely let unmetered air into the system. Idle wouldn't be a problem, but driving would be. Since the o2 sensor is seeing a lean reading (too much air) the computer may try to adjust the throttle body (P2105).

Make sure you here the click when seating it, or else it is still loose. I'm happy that you were able to find it, and I hope that it fixes the problem!

Reaction score
It could be part of the problem. It's the crankcase ventilation from driver side valve cover. It looks like it wasn't reconnected when the air intake was reinstalled.

That fitting will definitely let unmetered air into the system. Idle wouldn't be a problem, but driving would be. Since the o2 sensor is seeing a lean reading (too much air) the computer may try to adjust the throttle body (P2105).

Make sure you here the click when seating it, or else it is still loose. I'm happy that you were able to find it, and I hope that it fixes the problem!
Hey, now that i connected it this code came up

IMG_20210115_080407.jpg

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you cleaned the throttle body?

EDIT: i see you say its less than a year old.

why was it replaced a year ago?
what part was it replaced with? OEM new? OEM used? Aftermarket?

you've been battling throttle body codes for a year and throttle body replacement didn't help. so maybe its not the throttle body.

Just spit-balling here, but maybe its the TPS, which is built into the accelerator pedal.
also, im sure there is a throttle body relearn procddure that can/should be done after replacement. was it done? even if it has, cant hurt to redo.

Last edited:
Reaction score
have you cleaned the throttle body?

EDIT: i see you say its less than a year old.

why was it replaced a year ago?
what part was it replaced with? OEM new? OEM used? Aftermarket?

you've been battling throttle body codes for a year and throttle body replacement didn't help. so maybe its not the throttle body.

Just spit-balling here, but maybe its the TPS, which is built into the accelerator pedal.
also, im sure there is a throttle body relearn procddure that can/should be done after replacement. was it done? even if it has, cant hurt to redo.
I went to the dealer to buy the throttle body so yes it is OEM and brand new and I gave it to a mechanic here close to where I live so i don't know if he did do the relearn procedure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi