LR4 One Take The Smoking Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like these guys better than the ones on the U.S. Top Gear. At least these guys gave a nod toward avoiding senseless damage to the LR (and were mostly successful). The TG guy seemed intent on destroying the Overland Journal LR4 build he was allowed to use in that episode a few years ago. That was pointless.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show how out of touch LR have become with no factory 18" wheel options. Those 20s are useless on the trails (post credits said they damaged 2 of the wheels!). Still an impressive truck out of the box. But $70k!? Jeez. How did the price creep up nearly $15k in the last few years? VERY overpriced!

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 20" rims with over-sized Cooper Zeon LTZ's. I have had no issues with rock, sand, mud or snow (dedicated snow tires).
While I do admit, my lines are dictated by the lack of sidewall and the size of the wheel. I have never been in a situation where I though the 20" wheels were a hindrance.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, $70k is just getting a tad greedy IMO. On the other hand, I've always been amazed that my first LR, a 1991 RR county SWB stickered out in the high $40k range and 22 years later a 2013 base LR4 (even base had FAR more options and features and technology and dependability etc etc) was also in the high $40k range. Maybe they are just playing catch up?
Part of the problem is everyone 'needs' BS like monitors in seat rests, fridges in the consoles, baby Harp seal leather seats, etc. etc. I guess they wouldn't charge it if people didn't pay for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635