LR4 Power Steering Fluid Flush Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazzy

Reaction score
I am trying to completely flush and refill my power steering fluid in my 2012 LR4. I referenced the Arnott youtube video where he flushed his LR3's power steering fluid in which he gained access to the hose in/through his driver's side wheel-well. I removed the plastic cover in my driver's side wheel well to expose the hoses, but the configuration in my LR4 is completely different than the LR3. I'd appreciate any guidance or if someone could provide another reference I could use to figure this out. Thanks.

-Jon

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But do you see a High pressure hose(usually has a very thick hose and bolted into the steering rack) and a low pressure/Return hose(usually has a flexible hose with an easy to remove clamp ? once you're able to figure out the return hose, drain fluid from there. Also which p/s fluid do you plan to use ?

I did mine already but i just sucked out fluid from the reservoir, then put new fluid and i repeated the process about 3 times. My goal was just to get some new fluid in there. I used Pentosin chf 202

Last edited:

rally3

Reaction score
I have always removed reservoir from its mounting, sucked out as much fluid as I can, removed and capped the return line at the reservoir, then added and extension tube to the return hose to a catch container (and secured so it does not fall out and make a mess) then lift the front wheel off the ground, turning the wheels from lock to lock to help push put more fluid, then fill the reservoir with your choice of appropriate fluid and have a helper start the engine and turn the steering from lock to lock while adding fluid to the reservoir so it does not go empty till the fluid coming out is clean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99