Meridian audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Interpol

Reaction score
question about the sound system, 380 watts sounds like a decent system, is it worth upgrading to their 800 watt audio system or is the regular one good enough?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the new Meridian system sounds, but I can absolutely say the 2013 base stereo left me wanting a better system. It's ok, but not up to par for a ~$55k-$60k vehicle. Or you can look at it this way: If you ever wanted to upgrade from the base system, it is extremely expensive and requires a lot of work. It is far cheaper to suck up the $900 for the cost of the Meridian upgrade up front vs trying to do it later with the aftermarket. $900 isn't going to get you much for parts / installation from a car audio dealer.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard both and for the money, it's and ABSOLUTE no brainer. Get the upgrade!! I have it in my 2015 and love it. It's one of my favorite things about the truck.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the base system but, like Overblow, I love the upgraded one on my 2014 HSE Lux.

Interpol

Reaction score
yea maybe you guys are right, its a 1100 upgrade here in canada, not all that bad just that the 380 watts souded like a lot already but it is a big cabin to fill up with sound.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say that it (the upgrade) sounded great yesterday evening when I was piping James Taylor and Chris Botti playing Winter Wonderland with the volume cranked up as I was doing doughnuts and figure eights in a large, empty, dirt/gravel parking lot covered in about 10 inches of packed and fresh snow. I know it wasn't hard rock or soft classical but it just seemed appropriate at the time.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea maybe you guys are right, its a 1100 upgrade here in canada, not all that bad just that the 380 watts souded like a lot already but it is a big cabin to fill up with sound.

It's worth every penny. I tend to upgrade my audio myself in each car I buy. With this one though, I knew I couldn't do better for the same money.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is a very big cabin to fill with sound. You will notice that the surround sound is not very good in the LR4 compared to its siblings.

lmwong

Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the upgraded components if you didn't get the upgrade in the first place. I'm guessing amplifier, speakers, and sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the upgraded components if you didn't get the upgrade in the first place. I'm guessing amplifier, speakers, and sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possible yes but really expensive and labor intensive. Especially in the rear where there would need to be speakers, mounts, and wiring where there currently isn't any.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM