Misaligned Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lmonterz

Is it normal? or.... Is it a common issue?
The steering wheel of my new HSE TD V6 LR3 remains rotated 3 by 5 degrees counterclockwise while I'm proceding straight on the road. The vendor told me that they have to align the steering and that it's a common issue on a lot of new vehicles.

Best Regards,
Luca Monterzino

F

flowner

I'm not sure how common. But I did have this problem. I think it was caused by driving a prolong period with a suspension fault. The Alignment corrected the problem.

J

jefforysm

Mine was delivered (by the leasing agent) about 15 degrees off. Took it back to the delar and they fixed the problem in under an hour. Not sure if it was a re-alignment or if they popped off the steering wheel.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 HSE was off by a couple of degrees. The dealer is 200 miles away. I corrected it myself. Raise the vehicle to off road mode, lay down under the bumper and you can easily spot the tie rods. I believe you'll need a 22mm to back off the lock nut and a 15mm to turn the rod. Notice that, as you turn the rod, the first 1/8 turn is the ball joint moving. You'll see this as you work. If the wheel is off center to the right, back out the right rod and turn in the left rod the SAME NUMBER OF TURNS. Reverse if your wheel is off to the left. Make small adjustments, 1/8 turn at a time, hold the rod as you retighten the lock nut. Nothing to be afraid of.

L

lmonterz

The dealer corrected my steering-misalignment for me in less than an hour!

Best Regards,
Luca Monterzino

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635