More assistance needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamese.deanjr

Reaction score
I have a question since it's known that I have a 00 Disco II with ACE that the pump is out. I am going to have to replace said pump. I have been told that this is a very specific type of fluid and only it is to be used. I have searched the internet and not found many supplies of this fluid or I am looking for it the wrong way. I have been looking for ACE pump fluid or ACE fluid and even Land Rover ACE fluid. And out of the suppliers I have found it to be quite pricey. Which if that is the only acceptable then that is what it is. But I find it difficult to believe that there is no equivalent or substitute that is more financially practical. That and I don't want to be the foolish one who buys something at 25 to 30 a quart for something that could be bought for a lot less just cause I'm to proud to sound dumb or stupid for asking a dumb question. I have found that the only dumb questions are those you don't ask cause of those reasons. So subject matter experts I am reaching out for your help. Happy Roving :confused:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used a couple different synthetic p/s fluids for 11 years and never had any problems. Even Vavoline's p/s fluid works well.
Make sure for the best results that you flush the fluid every 15,000 to 20,000 miles for the best performance.
Flushing usually requires 4 quarts of fluid.

jamese.deanjr

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, Now that gives me some relief that I don't have to buy this $30 a quart oil. So in the A.C.E. system I can use a good synthetic power steering fluid instead of this so called A.C.E. fluid after researching the owners manual I found. That it called for a Texaco Cold Climate PAS Fluid 14315 or a GM part # 12345866 or a 12345867. Well when I looked for them I couldn't find anything on either one of them not even a MSDS. Wow I was stumped cause I knew if I could get the MSDS I could find something comparable. And if this is correct I can use a good synthetic ps fluid now I have another good question. What is the capacity of the system. I believe this one is bone dry. I feel this cause as I further investigate this vehicle I found that the reservoir was completely dry. I have looked the vehicle over and don't see any obvious signs of a leak so I am not so sure they didn't just run the system dry which caused the pump to seize up. And Mike I just want you and anybody else who reads this to know how grateful I am for people like you and Joey and others. Who are sharing their experience strength and hope with their experiences with the LR's. Thank each and every one of y'all sincerely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635