More sidewall for 19in wheels - tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I will need to replace my tires on the LR4 at some point. Have been reading countless threads on this and I am aware of the load rating issues, limited options in that size, etc. I know about the compomotive wheel route but not ready to go that route yet. The 55 profile is a little low for my tastes and the ride is firm/borderline harsh, especially in this pothole-filled city. I was thinking of getting 255 60 19s, for an extra inch in rolling diameter and some more sidewall. When limiting it to an XL load rating, there are a couple tire choices in this size that are pretty interesting:

Nokian EnTyre 2.0 - ~$180-190 a tire
Pirelli Scorpion Verde - really expensive, ~240+ a tire
Nitto NT421Q - ~$180 a tire

Costco sells a couple of Michelin models in that size but those are 109 load rated. Is 109 acceptable in a pinch? I am reading passionate opinions both ways.

My question is, has anyone run both wider and taller tires on the lr4 on the stock 19 inchers without any rubbing? If so, what's the largest size that would fit? I like the stock rims just fine but I would love to run 31 or 31.5inch tires if possible. Chime in with any thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an opinion or experience with 19" tires as I run on 18s, but any passenger tire that's not Extra Load Range rated is not recommended for the LR4, regardless of size. I would stick to that recommendation from the manufacturer, I don't care what people's passionate opinions on the subject may be. Therefore, unless there is an "XL" somewhere in their description, those Michelins from Costco probably should not be on your shopping list.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The think the Scorpion and Goodyear eagle are available in 255/60r19 in XL load range. I would not do a standard load range.

Fwiw I thought the ride on my LR4 was quite comfortable with stock size tires from michlin. Is it possible your tires are just unusalunu firm or over inflated?

Switching to 18" wheels would give you a lot more tire options.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72