MPG on a V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b72088

Reaction score
Hi All, total newbie here and I am in a process to purchase my next car. A 2006 V6 LR3 has definitely caught our eyes and I try to search for a MPG thread here for V6 MPG with no luck.

Can someone share some real life MPG for a V6? I have also gone to the EPA site and there is only one real life example there.

Thanks!!

spatterso

Reaction score
I'm told that there is virtually no difference between mileage for the V6 and the V8.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

chomondely

Reaction score
17 to 18 mpg, mostly highway. With a tailwind, 19. These are actual numbers, not from the computer. The computer is a bit optomist, but just by about 1mpg. I am using the GY Silent Armour tires and I did notice about a 1mpg decrease when I swtiched tires.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are great numbers!!

Is this normal or you just drive the car in some special way to get that MPG?

Thanks.

Just normal driving :hello: ...... Also I towed a 4x8 about 2k lbs from Los Angeles California to South Hampton NY and got around 15 MPG:biggrin:

b72088

Reaction score
Just normal driving :hello: ...... Also I towed a 4x8 about 2k lbs from Los Angeles California to South Hampton NY and got around 15 MPG:biggrin:

This definitely helps ease my concern of the MPG. I am ok with 15/19 but anything in the 13/15 range will be troublesome since I drive all city.....

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are all city, I would not depend on those numbers. On my V8 I am about 12-13 all city. City being suburbia Texas. 45mph and below. 7-8 miles to and from work wiht about 4-5 stops average. The good news is that I only loose about 3-4mpg while towing a big ole camping trailer. . .

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty consistent at about 14mpg with my V6, but I have a lead foot and big tires, and do a lot of start/stop driving here in the land of stop lights. My best was 22mpg with some good Utah 93 octane gas coming down the 70/15 freeways from Moab towards St. George Utah. That was with a roof rack on!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4