Multitude of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSS

Reaction score
I've been looking at the LR4 and after this thread have decided to stay away. I'd never be able to tolerate buying a new vehicle in this day and age of so much technological advancement, that has so many problems. A new vehicle should NEVER let the owner down, under just about ANY circumstances.

Thanks for helping me see the light about Modern Rovers.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the LR4 and after this thread have decided to stay away. I'd never be able to tolerate buying a new vehicle in this day and age of so much technological advancement, that has so many problems. A new vehicle should NEVER let the owner down, under just about ANY circumstances.

You're basing your decision on a very small subset of owners who post on forums. I'm very happy with my LR4 and would say that the overwhelming majority are as well (although I'm not trying to dismiss the OP's problems).

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're basing your decision on a very small subset of owners who post on forums. I'm very happy with my LR4 and would say that the overwhelming majority are as well (although I'm not trying to dismiss the OP's problems).

don't bother......it was a first post.........

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Buy a mighty Toyota, and have fun with the endless recalls since half of their parts are made in China. No, buy Germany's best, a new "turbo" BMW... and deal with having the high pressure fuel pumps replaced every 5,000 miles or less. Seriously, get a Honda civic if modern reliability is a concern... It sounds perfect for you.

Last edited:

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a person reads a post reporting a problem and stay away from the car/make then that person would never be happy with the car anyway.

If you look at any online forum from any make, any model, there are always posts complaining about this and that.

Oh yes, some of them are true. Today's car, not just LR4 are unbelievably advanced. Hundreds of sensors and computers everywhere running lines of complex codes all interconnected by network cables (CAN: Car Area Network, MOST: Media Oriented System Transport)

The days of simple mechanical switches and good old relays running the car is over.
Just like any computer software, some will be relatively bug free and some requiring frequent reboots and software patches/updates.

2010 and on LR4 and RRS has all new system architecture. I expect the software to be little buggy requiring some updates till probably end of 2nd model year.

Even though mine required some trips to fix the surround camera system but I love the gadgetry on this car. What it does is unbelievable. Best car/truck I ever purchased in my 36 years of life. :biggrin:

wickie

Reaction score
don't bother......it was a first post.........
Ok

I'm in the same position. Just bought an LR4 and on the first day of driving the whole dash lights up : Parking brake failure, ABS, suspension, transmission etc....

It's back to the dealer, we'll see

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok

I'm in the same position. Just bought an LR4 and on the first day of driving the whole dash lights up : Parking brake failure, ABS, suspension, transmission etc....

It's back to the dealer, we'll see

that sounds like a low battery..................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo