My car is completely locked and dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
I disconnect the battery to clean the connectors and from that moment my LR3 shut down... red light on the dashboard blinking and no functions at all... immobilized...

The problem... I just buy this LR3 2006 USA Version, and the worst part is that the remote control is not working, battery dead or simply damaged. I have been opening the car manually with the key but know I am in a dead end!

Do anybody knows how to unlock the car manually with only the key.... is my daily driver to work... I am desperate...

Please any advice will be apreciated:dontknow:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to remove the cap on the driver's side door handle and access the keyhole for the manual key. Once you do that, I suggest you try a new battery.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
You should be able to remove the cap on the driver's side door handle and access the keyhole for the manual key. Once you do that, I suggest you try a new battery.

hi, thank you for your quick response, and yes I already open the car and can get in, but can you be more specific about trying a new battery, and remember I dont have a remote control...

I believe the inmobilizer is armed.... I need a way to disarmed it...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see, by "unlock the car manually" you really meant unlock the mobilizer.

I'm not sure. It would not hurt to try a hard reset (lots of info on the forums on that but basically involves disconnecting the battery and touching the car's cables together for 2 minutes). I'd change the batt while you're at it because it sounds like you had issues with it prior.

Have you called your dealership?

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Yes I call them... they told me to try locking and unlocking the drivers door twice o three times to disarm the mobilizer but I don't know... I doesn't worked!

And of course... told me ... If that don't work bring me the car!!

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Apparently the solution to my problem is getting my EKA CODE (EMERGENCY KEY ACCESS), is like four digit numeric codes which I need to introduce manually by rotating the key right and left as many times as the code indicates... Where to get this code?
thanx again

Greg9504

Reaction score
What happens when you put the key in the ignition and try to start it?
Even if the battery in the key fob is dead the key should still start the car.
Was your battery giving you problems before you disconnected it?
Can you get a battery charger on the battery?

Greg9504

Reaction score
Apparently the solution to my problem is getting my EKA CODE (EMERGENCY KEY ACCESS), is like four digit numeric codes which I need to introduce manually by rotating the key right and left as many times as the code indicates... Where to get this code?
thanx again

According to this post
http://tinyurl.com/q6ekcsc
the EKA code is for the older D2 not the LR3.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
What happens when you put the key in the ignition and try to start it?
Even if the battery in the key fob is dead the key should still start the car.
Was your battery giving you problems before you disconnected it?
Can you get a battery charger on the battery?

Hi thank you for the quick response...

nop the key fob do nothing it wont start the car and nope no battery problem is fully charged just disconnected it to clean the connectors and from that point it is inmobilized...

I was thinking to get a new remote from replacemyremote.com

But what do you think I am opening a thread with this subject but just wanted to ask you!

Greg9504

Reaction score
The only place you can get a fully functional "factory like" fob is from the dealer. Well you can get a blank fob off the internet but you need: at least one fully functioning fob, a way to program it. You can get a nonfob key with a proper chip in it cut at a locksmith, then the locksmith duplicates the chip from the one you have. But it will not have remote keyless entry, and the alarm will go off from the time you unlock the car until you put the key in the ignition. I had one of these keys made as a spare. I now use just this key as I had a remote starter put in, and it has keyless entry.

Anyway back to your problem. Since this all started when you removed the battery connections are you sure you have tightened the connections on the battery well? Did you get them good and clean? Do the head lights look bright? Try moving the shifter to neutral and starting. If all the above is good try a hard reset.

FWIW just because the red light on the dash is blinking doesn't necessarily mean the car is immobilized. When I have my key in the ignition in the accessory position the left light flashes red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM