My car is completely locked and dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Yes I clean and tightened the connectors...

but I will check the head lights and will try to move the shifter to N... and let you know...

Greg9504

Reaction score
You still haven't really told us enough. Is the car completely dead? Do any of the accessories work? Lights? Do the hazard lights flash when you try to start the car? When you press the brake do the brake lights come one?

If the hazard lights flash when you try to start the car and it wont start, the car thinks it's been in a crash. Just turning the key should cancel this, if it doesn't it means the battery charge is too low (either the battery is bad or the connections are bad).

If you do not see brake lights then your brake light switch could be bad. This causes all kinds of problems on the LR3, but unlikely this went bad at the same time you disconnected battery. I would concentrate on the:
battery
battery terminals
battery terminal wire connections
ground from battery to chassis

Since those are the only thing you have touched.

Do you have access to a battery charger? Any way for someone to try to boost you?

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Greg9504 and all the other members... thank you so much for all the responses and guidance...

As you recommend me... I went back to double check the battery status... connectors and wires...

This time the battery was down we charge it and gladly it started!!

Please close this once! and again thanks to all the members!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM