Need Advice LR service techs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put down a deposit on an 07 HSE out of state, it's a pretty good deal, selling 4k below and slightly above trade in. The car fax is clean, it was a 3 year lease return out of Dallas and bought by a wholesaler with 39,000 miles on it. They said it's recentle it's regular service done at LR, which I'll verify. I pulled an AutoCheck report today and everything on it is clean, title, no accidents, etc. However, AutoCheck has listed a frame/unibody damage record that was reported by the auction a few days after it was bought by the wholesaler.

He didn't mention this to me and when I brought it up he claims it is an error by AutoCheck and can guarantee there is no frame damage. He says he'll have a 3rd party do a laser inspection and physical inspection of the frame and get it in writing.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't finished with the post. Does this sound funny to anyone? Any advice? If a Rover has frame damage wouldn't an insurance company total the car?

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a LR dealer do a frame inspection before I buy it?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a LR dealer do a frame inspection before I buy it?
Yes and no. They can't laser align it in the dealers shop, but most dealers have auto body/collision centers that they partner with. They can absolutely have one of their vendors inspect the frame.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree that it should be checked independently, not by the seller's representative. That said, how can the seller claim that there was no damage incident when Autocheck and the auction house both say that there was?

If you can confirm the nature of the repair (see if an LR dealer can check the service history) and can verify that it was properly repaired, then you should be fine. If not, then look for another LR3, there are plenty of others out there.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with the classification of "frame damage" tells me it may be subjective. My service adviser considered my frame to be "damaged" due to rock scrapes and trail use. There is no STRUCTURAL damage that can be found via visual inspection. I personally don't consider this a damaged frame. You need more info. Good luck with the purchase.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal rule about buying cars. If there is any question in your head why this is such a good deal and then you find possible "frame damage" info - walk away. Don't bother with it. Go find another. There are plenty out there. It is simply not worth the mass of headaches coming if there is a problem.

just my .02. Good luck.

C.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with the classification of "frame damage" tells me it may be subjective. My service adviser considered my frame to be "damaged" due to rock scrapes and trail use. There is no STRUCTURAL damage that can be found via visual inspection. I personally don't consider this a damaged frame. You need more info. Good luck with the purchase.

Then I suppose my Jeep has frame damage too....:stupid:
My personal rule about buying cars. If there is any question in your head why this is such a good deal and then you find possible "frame damage" info - walk away. Don't bother with it. Go find another. There are plenty out there. It is simply not worth the mass of headaches coming if there is a problem.

just my .02. Good luck.

C.

x2

But good luck, I hope it works out for you!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick