Need hitch for 2009 RRS please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb24

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a hitch to add to my 09 RRS to tow a 18 foot bass boat.

Looking for the cheapest possible options but obviously still safe.

Please help!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best choice is just use the factory receiver. Nothing is really any cheaper but anything else is way more complicated to install. You can find used factory quick release units for not too much $

kb24

Reaction score
the best choice is just use the factory receiver. Nothing is really any cheaper but anything else is way more complicated to install. You can find used factory quick release units for not too much $

Appreciate the reply.
I can’t find one for cheaper than $250 which I can have a curt one fully installed for that price with the extension and wiring.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that will be inferior IMO. if curt wiring doesn't plug right in behind the left rear lamp like the factory kit, i wouldn't want to use it.

kb24

Reaction score
that will be inferior IMO. if curt wiring doesn't plug right in behind the left rear lamp like the factory kit, i wouldn't want to use it.

What would be the difference if it doesn’t?
(Sorry new to this so have no idea)

Thanks

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be the difference if it doesn’t?
(Sorry new to this so have no idea)

Thanks

Not sure but I know the wiring I installed was easy and was designed to plug directly into the system for trailer control and the vehicle will behave safer.

Try Atlantic British for towing parts, maybe they have stuff that works but cheaper than a dealer.

atlanticbritish

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kb24

Reaction score
If you are OK with a bolt-on option, please have a look at these:

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LR019990ABP

This is the receiver plus wiring kit and ball with mount:

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/TPSPORT

Thx.

I personally don’t care what it looks like so I don’t mind a bolt on one.
I’ve seen a bunch of similar ones on eBay for around $60 but watched someone on YouTube review it and another person said his cracked very easy so I’m kind of worry about the actual build and support of these that’s why I was looking at the curt ones.

What do you think about the bolt on ones? Are they safe? The seller on eBay said it was a class 3 too.

atlanticbritish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don’t care what it looks like so I don’t mind a bolt on one.
I’ve seen a bunch of similar ones on eBay for around $60 but watched someone on YouTube review it and another person said his cracked very easy so I’m kind of worry about the actual build and support of these that’s why I was looking at the curt ones.

What do you think about the bolt on ones? Are they safe? The seller on eBay said it was a class 3 too.

We haven't had any cracking issues with ours...

There is a specific torque foot-pound spec for the tightening of the bolts that you have to do with a torque wrench. We also include thread locker in the kit to ensure proper hold.

It also means that to take it off, you have to use a propane torch and heat the bolts up a bit for the thread locker to release so the nuts can be wrenched off (hence the "semi-permanent" designation).

Hope that helps.

The Curt hitch is also a good alternative. We sell those too.

Regards,

Last edited:

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t found a hitch I believe that I have one. It’s part number KNB500023. I’m happy to sell it to you for $200.

39330AA1-640D-43B9-8B73-04B4685DECAF.jpeg

5EDCF663-5F77-43B2-98CC-33EF83F6255B.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA