New Freelander Owner...a little concerned?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcallanan

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm new to the group...I had a 1995 Disco that I LOVED, but it was time for it to go. Long story short, I wanted to stay in the LR family and I saw a 2003 Freelander G4 in perfect condition. I had not heard about the coolant loss issue that can lead to head gasket failure before I purchased it...and now that's all I seem to read about.

Can you all give me a true picture of this vehicle's issues and life span? It has 70,000 miles on it, and from all that I've read it's a ticking time bomb for a head gasket to blow. I'm tempted to flip it and move on.

Any feedback would be great...like I said...it's in great shape and I would like to keep it as long as I can realistically count on it for awhile.

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I will state it this way, a friend buys and sells Rovers for a living. He will not even take one in on trade. Sadly the Gasoline engine models (I am guess you are not in Europe with the Diesel) they are not worth owning.

pcallanan

Reaction score
I appreciate your honesty. I was so happy with my Disco for so long and to hear all this about a another member of the Rover Family is depressing.

Thanks...I think I'll put it up for sale.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me when I say I hate saying this about a Rover product as well...

pcallanan

Reaction score
I here you...that's why I'm having such a hard time coming to terms with the apparent fact that this Freelander is a piece of junk. It drives great...definitely not a Disco...but it's a nice change of pace...it looks perfect...but I guess it's just a matter of time before it blows.

pcallanan

Reaction score
I here you...that's why I'm having such a hard time coming to terms with the apparent fact that this Freelander is a piece of junk. It drives great...definitely not a Disco...but it's a nice change of pace...it looks perfect...but I guess it's just a matter of time before it blows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo