New Guy from the Black Hills of South Dakota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomK

Reaction score
Hello!

Last Friday I "bought" a 2005 LR3. "Bought" doesn't seem quite the right word though.

My #2 son was home for the Holidays and since my 97 Lexus LX 450 was getting near 150,000, we went shopping for a new vehicle for "DAD". I had my mind made up to get a Hummer 2, but #2 son would hear nothing of it. #2 son is the very proud owner/re-builder of a beloved '88 Range Rover Classic.

Long story short, by the end of the next day, I was the owner of a Tonga Green 2005 LR3 with just 20,000 miles. I brought it home, and even my wife liked it. She thought it was brand new. She especially likes all the cupholders and hand-holds... and how The Waifs sound on the sound system!

I have had a long and endearing relationship with my Lexus, but think maybe I have found the perfect replacement 4-wheeled "companion". I am having thoughts that I didn't "buy" the LR3 as much as it wanted a good home and family, and was watching for me to come by... and then seduced me.

Looking forward to learning from you all. #2 son says there is something magical about owning a Land Rover... and at times maddening too. It'll be an advendure I am sure!

TK of BH in SD

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9