New guy, some ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Buckeye

Reaction score
Thanks umbertob, popped off the panel for the sunroof switches/map lights and it all looks the same. Your pictures make it real easy, thanks again!

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
LR4 Hardwire of Valentine 1

In your light console there is plug on the far right side....

When you unplug it there are two Hot wires and two negatives....

I think it was the second wire in - Purple and White tested at 12.5Volts... that is the one I tapped into...

I tapped into the outer wire - it tested at 12V... but guess what the V1 needs the 12.5V...

I had a OH @#$% moment when then first one didn't work... but just use the wire that tests 12.5V and you will be fine...

Only issue I had is that it is always HOT - meaning your V1 has to be shut off manually...

I could not figure out which one was switched with the car - ie. goes out when the dome lights and all go off after delay.

I will check wire color tomorrow - and try to upload Pic....

Good luck.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will try the instructions for that. I got frustrated with it and gave up for a while.

Ok LRnewbie.... Were you ever able to freaking program the garage door????? We too have the rolling code garage door and my husband and I as a team spent 45 minutes pressing all the buttons like the directions said for the rolling code doors and no success. I'm about ready to just clip the dang garage door opener to my visor.

If anyone has done this successfully ( which I am guessing most have) EXACTLY what did you do??

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok LRnewbie.... Were you ever able to freaking program the garage door????? We too have the rolling code garage door and my husband and I as a team spent 45 minutes pressing all the buttons like the directions said for the rolling code doors and no success. I'm about ready to just clip the dang garage door opener to my visor.

If anyone has done this successfully ( which I am guessing most have) EXACTLY what did you do??

Negative. I live in a town home with a shared underground garage with the other homes. So the garage door is a little different situation. I asked our maintenance supervisor if anyone else has asked about programming their vehicle to open the garage door and he said no but that he is checking on it. My opener is on a key fob. I'll wait to see what he says. We couldn't get my fiance's Q5 to sync with it and open the garage door either.

tazdevl

Reaction score
Negative. I live in a town home with a shared underground garage with the other homes. So the garage door is a little different situation. I asked our maintenance supervisor if anyone else has asked about programming their vehicle to open the garage door and he said no but that he is checking on it. My opener is on a key fob. I'll wait to see what he says. We couldn't get my fiance's Q5 to sync with it and open the garage door either.

As others have said, assuming it operates in the indicated frequencies of the lr4 homelink, you have to get the maintainence guy to get to activate the learn function on the opener.

If you read the manual or contact home link, they will tell you the operating frequencies. Sometimes openers are under or over the band and won't work.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I passed that along to the maintenance guy. I'll see what he says. Hopefully that will be the solution.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
The Green and White wire is correct... also found out that it does power down after several minutes and wakes back up when we unlock the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM