New guy, some ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Buckeye

Reaction score
Hello, I just picked up a 2011 Stornoway gray LR4 HSE last week. Really loving the truck and this forum, I'm learning a lot. There are a few questions I have that I wasn't able to find the answers to in the search function. Any help would be appreciated, here goes...

1. Does anyone know an easy way to hard wire a Valentine One radar detector? On my last car I was able to buy a simple wire that connected the rear view mirror harness to the radar. Any links to products or DIYs would be greatly appreciated? Or should I have this professionally done?

2. I usually keep new cars/trucks under 4,000 RPM and 70 MPH for the first 1,000 miles. Any guidelines to breaking in these trucks?

3. Lastly, (this could be a stupid question) does the second/third moon roof have any functionality; in the back it looks like there's a hing where it could come up, or is it fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry I can't help with any of your questions. I can however understand your excitement over the new ride. I am two weeks into ownership myself.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first post here, as I just got my HSE yesterday. (White)

No idea on question #1.

For question 2, my salesperson just told me to "take it easy, not too fast, not too slow" for the first 500 miles. He also said not to put the transmission in sport, or manual shift it. Take what you want from that, as I'm sure you can find a ton of other answers to that one.

Question 3 - no, they are fixed. Stand on your back bumper and take a look at the roof - the back portion (over the 2nd and 3rd sunroofs) is covered by one solid piece of glass.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in programming the garage door opener on the rear view mirror? I have tried but can't get it to work. Followed the instructions from the user manual. I get it to start flashing slowly but it never seems to pick up and flash faster like it says it should when programmed properly.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in programming the garage door opener on the rear view mirror? I have tried but can't get it to work. Followed the instructions from the user manual. I get it to start flashing slowly but it never seems to pick up and flash faster like it says it should when programmed properly.
Yes mine works. We have the rolling codes (as I believe most garage door openers are these days). Don't remember the specifics, but we just followed the instructions and it worked.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will try the instructions for that. I got frustrated with it and gave up for a while.

starrover

Reaction score
You most likely have to press the button on the actual motor for the garage door opener inside your garage...if it has rolling codes, this sends a firm code while programming. The directions on how to do it are in the manual.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer to question 1) I havent done it in the LR4 yet, but I did it on my porsche and used a telephone cord. Hard wired (soldered) it to the dome light. I cut one end off the cord. You only need to use the outer 2 wires (+ and -). The other end plugs into the V1

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the overhead front console on the LR4 the same as the LR3, with map lights and sunroof switch? If so, it' also the same as my 2006 Range Rover Sport, in which case I documented how I hard wired my V1 a few years back on our RRS forum over at rr.net. I know the wiring was the same on LR3s, not 100% sure about LR4s though... Worth a shot, anyway. See: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25832 - Good luck.

LR4Buckeye

Reaction score
Is the overhead front console on the LR4 the same as the LR3, with map lights and sunroof switch? If so, it' also the same as my 2006 Range Rover Sport, in which case I documented how I hard wired my V1 a few years back on our RRS forum over at rr.net. I know the wiring was the same on LR3s, not 100% sure about LR4s though... Worth a shot, anyway. See: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25832 - Good luck.

Thanks umbertob, popped off the panel for the sunroof switches/map lights and it all looks the same. Your pictures make it real easy, thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9