2014 LR4 SCV6 Low Revs at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MickR

Reaction score
Hello Brains trust,

long time LR owner first time posting, I have recently purchased a LR4 SCV6 and have notice when the car is at idle (in Gear or park), the revs slowly drop from 850rpm to around 600rpm and the engine starts to vibrate, I am planning on booking into the shop but am after a little bit of advice on what the cause could be beforehand.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

RebelYankee

Reaction score
Check out my thread on the same issue.

I have a new to me 2015 with the same issue. Exactly the same. I replaced battery, MAF sensors, oil change, cleaned throttle body, smoke tested for vacuum leaks, checked fuel trims, replaced spark plugs, ran BG through the fuel system, and replaced air filters.

Finally took it to a good indy rover shop to find out this is normal.

I have no codes at all, so going to just drive it. It's never stalled and runs perfect other than the low idle.

I found that it idled the worst when I would start the car right after I turned it off. If your eco start stop is working, let the car turn off then just sit there. It will start again after a minute or 2 and idle low. Just wondering if yours does the same.

If you don't have the GAP tool yet, that should be first purchase.

MickR

Reaction score
Check out my thread on the same issue.

I have a new to me 2015 with the same issue. Exactly the same. I replaced battery, MAF sensors, oil change, cleaned throttle body, smoke tested for vacuum leaks, checked fuel trims, replaced spark plugs, ran BG through the fuel system, and replaced air filters.

Finally took it to a good indy rover shop to find out this is normal.

I have no codes at all, so going to just drive it. It's never stalled and runs perfect other than the low idle.

I found that it idled the worst when I would start the car right after I turned it off. If your eco start stop is working, let the car turn off then just sit there. It will start again after a minute or 2 and idle low. Just wondering if yours does the same.

If you don't have the GAP tool yet, that should be first purchase.
Thanks for getting back to me, my 2014 model doesn't have the Eco start stop, what I am finding when I am stopped at the traffic lights I can see the revs slowly drop down to around 550rpm and a slight vibration starts, the only time it feels like it is about to stall is when I go from reverse to drive it can see it drops right down and has a bit of a shutter.
As you mentioned I also have no issue with starting or when driving so i may just need to monitor.
Thanks again for your response.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72