2015 LR4 SCV6 Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the fuel light comes on it only takes 18 gallons on mine. I'm in agreement with the large buffer because the tank is 23 gallons or so? I personally don't push it and haven't needed to yet. I do carry 10 gallons in metal NATO cans when overlanding that is for the generator, but it could be repurposed.

Blueaz

Reaction score
Fuel tank is reported at 22.8 gallons. I was showing about 5 miles till empty yesterday and I pumped 2 gallons in (at $5.10/gallon) just to get me across town to Costco where gas is $4.80/gallon. I put 19.8 gallons in at Costco so I must have still had a gallon left when I was near-zero on the computer. A while back I challenged myself to get 300 miles indicated on one tank of gas. I drove about 15 miles past zero on the computer and pumped in a hair over 22 gallons (don't remember...22.1, 22.2?).

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank is reported at 22.8 gallons. I was showing about 5 miles till empty yesterday and I pumped 2 gallons in (at $5.10/gallon) just to get me across town to Costco where gas is $4.80/gallon. I put 19.8 gallons in at Costco so I must have still had a gallon left when I was near-zero on the computer. A while back I challenged myself to get 300 miles indicated on one tank of gas. I drove about 15 miles past zero on the computer and pumped in a hair over 22 gallons (don't remember...22.1, 22.2?).

You drove across town to save $6? You might have used $5 getting there and back. :)

Blueaz

Reaction score
Nope, Costco is 2.2 miles from my house. I drive all over Phoenix for work and I frequently find myself low on fuel and will drop a couple gallons in to get me back across town to Costco. Six bucks is six bucks.

RoverTide

Reaction score
You drove across town to save $6? You might have used $5 getting there and back. :)
So funny... I don't know what it is about the inability to apply logic when fueling up, but we all occasionally do some strange things thinking we are "winning" by saving a few cents a gallon, when we really aren't. I still catch myself doing it every now and then out of principle.... I'm just glad 93 octane where I live is still under $4/gal. And Kroger points usually take about 30 cents per gallon off of that. I feel for you folks on the coasts.

Blueaz

Reaction score
So funny... I don't know what it is about the inability to apply logic when fueling up, but we all occasionally do some strange things thinking we are "winning" by saving a few cents a gallon, when we really aren't. I still catch myself doing it every now and then out of principle.... I'm just glad 93 octane where I live is still under $4/gal. And Kroger points usually take about 30 cents per gallon off of that. I feel for you folks on the coasts.
****, under $4/gallon? I'm driving to Memphis to fill up from now on!

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is that... Sadly, I can't argue with you. Just waiting for the kids to graduate high school.
As a fellow Tennessean (Nashville) it pains me to see what that city is turning into. We used to stop there to break up our trips to OK, but not anymore. Refill in Jackson then don’t stop until AR.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72