2015 LR4 SCV6 Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I really dislike these mpg questions, because it reminds me of how chitty mine is. I always fill up to the top, reset my trip odometer, and calculate my mpgs with this formula (miles driven / gallons filled). I'm running a FRO roof rack, Terrafirma tire carrier, skid plates, rock sliders, xlifter 1"lift full time, and "33s" 285/70r17s.

With all that said, I'm lucky to get 200 miles on a full tank. 200 miles / 17-18 gallons = 11-12 mpg on a good day. Same calculations while off-roading I get 7-8 mpgs.

LandRobert

Reaction score
Update:

Hello everyone,

So I just did a Throttle Control Module Adaptation Reset through the iCAR Soft tool, took a ride and MPG got a bit better from 12.5 to 14.5 mpg as per the on board computer. It looks like it might be a good idea to do the adaptation reset if you change an O2 sensor or change the fuel type.

The last option that I´m seeing here to increase fuel economy is an ECU remap. Has anyone tried that yet?

Thanks a lot!

bdd123

Reaction score
I just did a few days on the highway. About 230/day for 4 days. When it was 90% highway the trip computer was average 19.2. Worst tank was 17. Stop and go traffic with eco off killed it to about 15.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dislike these mpg questions, because it reminds me of how chitty mine is. I always fill up to the top, reset my trip odometer, and calculate my mpgs with this formula (miles driven / gallons filled). I'm running a FRO roof rack, Terrafirma tire carrier, skid plates, rock sliders, xlifter 1"lift full time, and "33s" 285/70r17s.

With all that said, I'm lucky to get 200 miles on a full tank. 200 miles / 17-18 gallons = 11-12 mpg on a good day. Same calculations while off-roading I get 7-8 mpgs.

Those sound like realistic V8 numbers. I'm seeing numbers like 15 MPG being quoted and I'd be tickled pink to get that. For my LR4 HSE LUX HD V8 I'm expecting what you are seeing, about 10 MPG and more like 5 MPG in 4lo.

LandRobert

Reaction score
I guess I´m within specs here, I took off the roof rack and made a small trip, about 168 miles, 70% highway-30% city, login in info into the fuelly app I got 15.57 mpg, tech specs say 16 mpg combined. So I guess we´re good. Real gas hogs these babies but the ride is smooth as none other. Put the roof rack back on because it looks cooler.

renli3d

Reaction score
My MY2016 LR4 has 126k miles on the odometer. In mixed driving it is currently getting 19.8 mpg within the last 360 miles. On a trip from Seattle to Vancouver, bc it got 22 mpg. These results are from the onboard computer. This is driving between 65 and 70 mph max speed. I'm really impressed with the scv6 engine as I was expecting it to suck after reading all the internet posts. I don't think my stop/start works. I've never had the engine shutoff. Climate control always set to auto. Tires at 35 psi. All season tires.

I haven't owned the lr4 very long. When I initially got it I was getting at least 18.5 mpg mixed. I did an oil change and added some tribotex to the engine but that's it.

With my v8 LR3, I typically get 16.5- 17mpg mixed and if it's only freeway miles, I've gotten as high as 20.5mpg on an entire tank worth of fuel (no stops).

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The onboard computer is inaccurate. Reset your trip odometer and do a manual calculation at the pump and you'll see it's about 10-15% off.

Onboard computer is too optimistic. There is a CCF setting to offset the onboard computer which I've done (IID tool) so mine matches up.

renli3d

Reaction score
The problem is that using the refuel method I don't know how much gas is in the tank. I always stop filling the moment it shuts off but that doesn't necessarily mean the tank is full. I notice that if I try to add more it will take more but I don't want to do this because I could damage the evap system if it's overfilled. The last time I did the calculations manually it came out to 18.x mpg when the computer was showing 19.x so it didn't seem off by much.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I refuel I let the pump click off, and then I don't "top off" or anything for the reason you stated above.

If you use the same pump it should be consistent enough.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is off by quite a bit, I use fuelly to track actual, and for the most part it seems consistent. I'm lucky to get 17 on the highway, around town it's more like 11. What's the procedure for correcting it using the IID tool?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72