New LR3 owner Too many faults to count need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCMaverick

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and need some assistance. I've got several issues and need some advice. I got my 05 LR3 off a import dealer a friend suggested in JAN 09. LR3 SE 32000 mi for $20k and I love it, but its giving me more trouble than all my past vehicles combine. I took it in twice (JUL 3 and AUG 1 to be exact) and they worked on it. No help and my warranty ran out two on AUG 15. I will post the fault codes tomorrow when I go to auto zone to scan them. Here are my problems:

Suspension Fault Normal Height Only (Every time about 30 sec. after starting)

Passenger Airbag Light (Nothing is in the seat, happens everytime for last month)

HDC Fault (About once a week, along with other)
Trans Fault Limited Gears Avail. (About once a week with HDC fault)
Suspension Lowered (Automatically, happens with HDC fault also)

Engine Fault (About twice a week. Happens after RPMs spike,{I'll explain later}. Turn off vehicle then back on and it goes away.)

I also have a problem where my engine will go from running at 750 RPMs or 1250 RPMs and will jump to around 2k or a little higher unexpectedly. I can be at a dead stop and it will jump. It will stay there for around 10 sec but has gone one for longer. I'll hold down the brake or just let it go if I'm driving with no one around. When it goes up it makes the vehicle kind of jump if I'm stopped. I have no idea how else to describe it or what is causing it.

Last one has only happened a couple of times in the last month. I'll be on the highway doing around 70mph and the car will kind "skip" or jump like it a cylinder missed, the thermostat will drop to 0 and will slowly go back to where it was originally.

Here is what the shop did on JUL 3rd:

I know this is a lot of stuff but this is my first LR and I love it and I would like to keep it but these issues are driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KC, are you close to a LR dealership? It might be worth it to just bite the bullet
on this one and get it fixed by the dealer. It sounds like software updates are needed
to clear all those faults. My $.02.

Last edited:

KCMaverick

Reaction score
There's one not far but I went to one twice and I still have the exact same problems.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local auto parts store should be able to check your battery for you. If you are driving
an 05 and still have the stock battery it may need replacing. (Good call Houm)

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd replace the battery even if it isn't OEM. While the battery is out, wait 10 minutes and then hold the battery leads together to reinitialize all of the codes. When I had similar problems in my '05, this fixed them all and they didn't come back. The LR3 is so electronic-intensive that it doesn't take much of a battery problem to cause it to go ******* dog.

David

KCMaverick

Reaction score
Battery was checked out and its good. I tried to hold the leads together (which I'm guessing are the terminals that connect to the battery's positive and negative ends) but they wouldn't reach each other. The same lights are coming on and I am having the same problems with the engine RPMs jumping. Anyone have any ideas?

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar problems with suspension and HDC. Turns out battery was low. No problems with a new battery. as far as passenger air bag, it will be off when no one sitting in the seat.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery was checked out and its good. I tried to hold the leads together (which I'm guessing are the terminals that connect to the battery's positive and negative ends) but they wouldn't reach each other. The same lights are coming on and I am having the same problems with the engine RPMs jumping. Anyone have any ideas?

How did they test the battery? Was it load tested? I recently had a trans computer failure and the dealer replaced the battery even though the computer was replaced. Seems to be a common issue with the LR3. I otherwise had no indications that the battery was weak.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99