New member intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas turbo

Reaction score
I wanted to make a quick thread so I could introduce myself. I bought a "new to me" LR3 from the Land Rover dealer in San Antonio a few months back and I have really enjoyed the vehicle. It came with about $4,000 of fresh service, with new air pump for the suspension, new tires, i even got them to throw in some new rotors because they felt a little warped on the test drive. The truck is a 2006 with 45K miles on it.

This is not my first rover, I had a P38 Range Rover for years and after buying a Porsche Cayenne S I really wanted to get back into a bigger and more capable off road SUV. I visited this forum a LOT as I was making my decision and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.

No real mods to date other than hardwiring my V1 radar detector and getting power and an aux cable for my iPhone. The good news is that I plan to do some mods on this truck, but they will probably be a little slower as I'm working on another project car that takes priority over this one at the moment.

That said, I'm really REALLY happy with the LR3, my wife LOVES it and keeps talking about how much more she likes this than the Cayenne. Looking forward to contributing as time (and mods/$$$) allow.

A few pics because... well because EVERYONE likes pics!

Attachments

• lr3 1.jpg
    lr3 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • lr3 2.jpg
    lr3 2.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 26
  • lr3 3.jpg
    lr3 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • lr3 4.jpg
    lr3 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and great looking D3. A 2006 with only 45k it's barely run in yet! Feel free to ask about future mods people are eager to help others get all they can out of their rovers.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice new to you rover. You can check out texasrovers.com if you are not already a member, they have a San Antonio chapter.

Where are your pictures taken there, it looks like a cool area.

If you want any accessories, you might check out lucky8llc. You may already know them having had the P33. If you need any help with independent service, I can steer you in the right direction in the Austin area.

texas turbo

Reaction score
Nice new to you rover. You can check out texasrovers.com if you are not already a member, they have a San Antonio chapter.

Where are your pictures taken there, it looks like a cool area.

If you want any accessories, you might check out lucky8llc. You may already know them having had the P33. If you need any help with independent service, I can steer you in the right direction in the Austin area.

Thanks, TLT. I'm actually in Austin so a good indi contact would be nice.

The pics were outside of Bandera. Just bought a place over there and starting to discover the area. Thanks for the other links too.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the fine purchase!! Our '06 just went in for its 118,000 mile oil change. Still runs like a champ! Welcome to the forum!

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a quick thread so I could introduce myself. I bought a "new to me" LR3 from the Land Rover dealer in San Antonio a few months back and I have really enjoyed the vehicle. It came with about $4,000 of fresh service, with new air pump for the suspension, new tires, i even got them to throw in some new rotors because they felt a little warped on the test drive. The truck is a 2006 with 45K miles on it.

This is not my first rover, I had a P38 Range Rover for years and after buying a Porsche Cayenne S I really wanted to get back into a bigger and more capable off road SUV. I visited this forum a LOT as I was making my decision and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.

No real mods to date other than hardwiring my V1 radar detector and getting power and an aux cable for my iPhone. The good news is that I plan to do some mods on this truck, but they will probably be a little slower as I'm working on another project car that takes priority over this one at the moment.

That said, I'm really REALLY happy with the LR3, my wife LOVES it and keeps talking about how much more she likes this than the Cayenne. Looking forward to contributing as time (and mods/$$$) allow.

A few pics because... well because EVERYONE likes pics!

How has your LR3 been, 3 months in? Have you found a reputable Indy in the Bandera-SA area?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9