New member - Need help with Freelander !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempo14

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Lee AKA Tempo ...

Proud owner of a Freelander TD4 'S' 2.0 2004 (04 not 54)

Only problem is, I have a few problems !!

1: The stereo doesn't work, it all lights up and switches from radio to CD, loads CD and tunes in everything works... Apart from the speakers !! Was driving along, happily listening to TFM and then every single speaker went off all at once! no warning, and no buzzing from any speaker, tried adjusting balance and everything else... No joy

2: Rear drop window, worked fine till we had a little bit of snow and then following morning, window wouldn't drop! I can still here what I think is the motor when I press the internal button but it does sound a little croaky as if the runners have come off the glass ??

3: Driver door central locking & lock barrel... Ok so since I've had it the central locking mechanism won't unlock, it locks on fob but when I try unlocking; passenger door opens - driver side doesnt - As for the barrel the dust shield thing has become jammed and is blocking the hole !!

4: When starting from cold I tend to chuck loads of exhaust fume smoke out of my exhaust but then settles down within seconds - maybe normal but it is irritating also sometimes refuses to start but have changed glow plugs recently so surely cant be them.

5: When driving I'm getting a loud knock from somewhere underneath the car not sure what's causing it but it doesn't seem to be affecting performance and nothing looks loose under car nor is there any leaks.

So what do you guys and girls think could be wrong with my car? It's my first land rover & I really hope these are nothing major and just 'typical' land rover issues as it is rather depressing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM