New Owner - Only 1 shortcoming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmag24

Reaction score
All is very nice so far. The only shortcoming I've found is the quality of the cameras (backup and surround) in terms of image quality (stuttering of image). I also played a DVD for the sake of my son, and found the quality of the image poor as well (screen vibrations, different color tints, etc...). I certainly didn't have HD expectations, but was somewhat disappointed in the overall quality of the camera system.

Any thoughts?

I'm also assuming there's no way of fixing this down the road with a software update? I doubt it's a software thing and just the engrained quality of cameras.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I also have a random initial shudder and then it's clean. And the quality of the pic is crap compared to other vehicles I've owned. But the reality is I only rely on the backup camera for an initial "all clear" look (or fine tuning a parking job). Then I turn my head for the real stuff.

Last edited:

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that is common, my rear camera is pretty clean and clear, no jitters. The only issue is it may not turn on immediately after putting it on reverse, causing wife to run into father-in-law car.
But quality I thought was very good and I don't get vibrations on the scree at all.

If it doesn't improve, go back to the dealer and RAG on them a little about the it (sorry, couldn't resist...:biggrin:), should not shudder.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. While the image from the digital cameras is no HD, the output on the touchscreen should be clear (unless the camera lenses are dirty) and definitely stutter-free. Same with the output from the DVD player, it is excellent on the rear headrest monitors and OK on the front touchscreen (not as bright due to the anti-glare treatment to the touchscreen), no stuttering or vibrations of any kind on my car. Sounds like you may have wobbly video feed cables somewhere.

gmag24

Reaction score
Guys, quick question. Is there a way to "audible-ize" the warning message for "key not detected"? I already came across an issue where my wife went up the street with the key left at the house (obviously engine was turned on and she left key inside) and upon turning it off, realized that the key was not in vehicle when she tried starting engine. I know the warning message shows, but without the audible feature, it can be an easy miss

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. While the image from the digital cameras is no HD, the output on the touchscreen should be clear (unless the camera lenses are dirty) and definitely stutter-free. Same with the output from the DVD player, it is excellent on the rear headrest monitors and OK on the front touchscreen (not as bright due to the anti-glare treatment to the touchscreen), no stuttering or vibrations of any kind on my car. Sounds like you may have wobbly video feed cables somewhere.

Same here, it's no HD but it's clear and stable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112