New Tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a set of 255/55R19 Nokian Hakkapelliitta R2 SUV tires. I was just checking the availability of the "regular" SUV Hakkas when I learned of the release of these R2s. I read up on them to the extent possible (for a tire JUST released in Feb 2013) and did something impulsive.

I won't put them on the LR3 until October; so I guess I'll be drooling over them in my storage shed for a few months and then praying for snow!

:proud:

Cheers,
ESB

Here is a Google link so y'all can see an image of the tires more easily:

http://www.google.com/search?q=noki...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=RCW7UdnFH9LeqwHjloDgAw

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure ,you have made a good choice with Nokians. My WRG2's passed 55000 miles and still no sign of replacement yet.Since I drive on them all year around, I don't see a need for strictly winter tire ,but you guys on PNW may see a cooler temps in spring and fall to accommodate a longer period of driving in this particular tires, but again nice choice and welcome in Nokian family, i am sure you won't regret it.There is nothing like it in terms on drivability, comfort and confidence on american market .

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a good looking "Snow" tire. I may have to order some up for this fall. Hopefully the snow situation in Denver will be the same as last winter.. A LOT OF IT!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a second set of Hakka-R-SUV winter tires on our LR3. Great in snow but my only complaint was hydroplaning in slush. Looks like the Hakka-R2 will correct this with big water channels running to the edge of the tire. Will be ordering a set of these for our LR4.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I remember your report on that aspect, Paul. When I read the description of the new R2 it made specific reference to the slush claws that were added as well as the pump sipes to help channel water. I've definitely never owned a tire quite like this one before. To the touch it feels very soft and the siping is ridiculous. There is siping ON the siping. Won't mount 'em until October....but looking forward to that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9