New to Land Rover - Bought an LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m a bit obsessed with this forum and this vehicle. It’s not even in my driveway yet, but it’s on it’s way. I just wanted to thank the group for being a tremendous resource throughout the process of finding and purchasing this vehicle. I feel like I’ve never purchased a vehicle with a greater risk of being a money pit, but because of everything I’ve learned here I believe I’ve never been better informed of those risks and how to find a good one and then how to take care of it after it arrives. My search ended with a vehicle nearly as far from me as possible, Miami to Orange County CA.

I ended up with a 2016 HSE with HD and Vision Assist. Single owner w/60k miles. Serviced on time and consistently at the local LR Dealer. Nothing out of the ordinary in the service record. I spoke with the dealership performing the service and there was not maintenance that was declined. Major service preformed 2k miles ago. And the price is right. I ended up getting an extended warranty, because... you know, Land Rover... sight unseen. I’m pretty sure I’ll be good anyway, but they cover LCAs, and crossover pipes, among other common failures so I’m pretty sure I’ll get my money back or at least close to it.

Should be a grand adventure. Thanks again for everything!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You are doing better than me, my purchase normally goes like. I like that color/setup. Any lights on the dash? great I will buy it.

t3s1a

Reaction score
‘16 with HD and 60k? that’s basically a new truck!

Congrats with getting the best multi purpose vehicle on the planet!

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The warranty was third party through American First Auto Protect. It was $3,200 for and additional 60k miles or 51 months. $0 deductible. It was their year end special, which lowered the overall cost, removed the deductible and added 3 months. I ran him through the wringer on common failures and he confirmed coverage for pretty much everything I was concerned about. With the trucks's service history I almost didn't get the warranty, but since this is my first LR ownership adventure and I'm not ready to commit the time to doing everything myself, I figure it was with the security.

Now I just have to figure out how to post a WTB thread for some sweet New Defender 18" steelies. What do I have to do to qualify to post in the classifieds?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
@Turismo Kid sorry, you have to have 80 posts (I believe it was lowered from 100) to post in the classified section. Not my call.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m a bit obsessed with this forum and this vehicle. It’s not even in my driveway yet, but it’s on it’s way. I just wanted to thank the group for being a tremendous resource throughout the process of finding and purchasing this vehicle. I feel like I’ve never purchased a vehicle with a greater risk of being a money pit, but because of everything I’ve learned here I believe I’ve never been better informed of those risks and how to find a good one and then how to take care of it after it arrives. My search ended with a vehicle nearly as far from me as possible, Miami to Orange County CA.

I ended up with a 2016 HSE with HD and Vision Assist. Single owner w/60k miles. Serviced on time and consistently at the local LR Dealer. Nothing out of the ordinary in the service record. I spoke with the dealership performing the service and there was not maintenance that was declined. Major service preformed 2k miles ago. And the price is right. I ended up getting an extended warranty, because... you know, Land Rover... sight unseen. I’m pretty sure I’ll be good anyway, but they cover LCAs, and crossover pipes, among other common failures so I’m pretty sure I’ll get my money back or at least close to it.

Should be a grand adventure. Thanks again for everything!

Awesome. So glad you joined up here and look forward on seeing your posts here about your grand adventure with it! :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut