New to Land Rover's....Maintenance Issues on 06' LR3?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't we do the software update using the IIDTool?

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
Excellent question. I know the IIDTool enables you to configure suspension heights, but part of me doubts it can update the ECU to support the new compressor type. That being said, I don't have one. Someday, when stuff stops breaking (when unicorns return to earth), maybe I'll be able to start building up a bit of reserve cash, and I'll be able to pick one up. :biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend $400 now, save much more than that later.

I would bet a dollar to a donut that the IIDTool can do it.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that photo of the water trap that caused the exhaust valence failure I would posit that speed was a significant factor. Just saying.... I saw a bunch of Navajo's on the Reservation do something like that with an old pick-up truck and stalled it in the middle of a lake. They left their wives behind while they waded out...
Anyway, does keeping the spare tire beneath do something to deflect the water away from those protective shields?

FloridaLR3

Reaction score
So far I've had the following worked performed on my '07 with 110k miles-mostly by the local stealership:
Control arm bushings twice-$1200
Suspension compressor-$900
Alternator-$700
Tie rod ends-$400
Front differential seal-$400
Front wheel hubs and bearings-$1400
Plastic T fitting in the cooling loop under the engine cover-the one that dies in BFE and can leave you stranded.$35 for the part.
Tailgate struts-$60
I don't mean to intrude on your post but what t fitting in coolant? I couldn't help but ask since I am new as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
Looking at that photo of the water trap that caused the exhaust valence failure I would posit that speed was a significant factor. Just saying.... I saw a bunch of Navajo's on the Reservation do something like that with an old pick-up truck and stalled it in the middle of a lake. They left their wives behind while they waded out...
Anyway, does keeping the spare tire beneath do something to deflect the water away from those protective shields?

Yes, without question, speed had everything to do with it. It was immensely fun. Just wish I'd thought to remove it beforehand.

The spare underneath gives the valence something solid to push against when the high speed water "impact" forces the valance backward, preventing the plastic from breaking off the metal mounting brackets.

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
You'll win that dollar...or donut, I forget how the bet works. Yes, the current software on the IID tool has a flash for the AMK and the Hitachi pre-loaded. The user manual provides simple instructions: https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents/IIDTool/

Ooh, great to know. Thank you for passing that along. Yet one more reason to pick one up.

Do you know if the iidtool has the ability to set the air suspension into tight tolerance mode? I'll guess yes (I've now learned not to guess against the tool, hehe). This would be especially handy when having indy shops do alignments.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that calibration automatic? That would be a nice feature....for the steering angle sensor I mean.