new to landrover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

multicar

Reaction score
hi all i live in fairmont wv and i just bought an 01 discovery ll for 1,200 it has 135.356miles on it ive never owned one of these before i have a few jeeps but couldnt pass this deal up so what should i look for as in problems to come one thing i dont like about this thing is the transfer case does not have the locker and would really like to install on in the transfer but was told was not possable to do to the 01s any info would be great and thanks for any info

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum.

Biggest thing on the Rovers is don't let the overheat and always check fluid levels if you want to keep it happy.

CDL may be an option depending on the build date, early 01's had the correct transfer case on them. You just have to crawl under the passenger side of the transfer case and feel for the ******.

This page will show you what you are looking for: http://www.discoweb.org/cdlsolenoid/index.htm

multicar

Reaction score
thanks for the info and is has been over heated twice for a short time when the water pump went out fixed that and drove it for awhile and now overheating problems for now what should i do if it does start over heating other then the head gaskets and probably heads sense it was hot twice thanks for the welcome and info

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Overheating a Disco can also equal a slipped liner, heads normally don't go bad. Gaskets, and liners are the major issues.

bibbster91

Reaction score
hey im new to this site and i live in phoenix az i bought a 95 disco with its buick 3.9l engine anyways after not haveing it vary long i replaced the airbox with a cold air intake from k&n replace coil with accels super stock one replaced t stat with a 160 degree one and took the cats off and gutted them and replaced muffler with a 40 series flowmaster after doen so the code 19 came up to much air not enought fuel and now has trouble idleing stalls r will stall while driveing it ? it also is hot when stalls

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all i live in fairmont wv and i just bought an 01 discovery ll for 1,200 it has 135.356miles on it ive never owned one of these before i have a few jeeps but couldnt pass this deal up
Welcome

Hey i am new to the landrover forum just wanted to say hi to all ,thanks .
Welcome to you as well. One thing you might want to note, those HID kits you linked to are illegal for any car that didn't come from the factor with HID's, which includes most Land Rovers.

dcarr1971

Reaction score
hi all i live in fairmont wv and i just bought an 01 discovery ll for 1,200 it has 135.356miles...

Welcome!

I don't make it over onto this forum very often (I'm usually over on Discoweb, LandRoverForums, or LandRoversOnly), but if you make it up toward Pittsburgh often, you should check out the Fort Pitt Land Rover Group site and get together with us sometime...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635